PieterVos

Lost logon & pwd for Averdigi with NV6240

Hi,

Got a friend that asked me for help, he has two offices that he bought some time ago, one has a PC + Aver NV6240 8 channel and the other the PC+Aver NV6240 16channels. The first one has user "cctv" with blank password, and at the second one some funny put a password and noone knows it.How can I reset the password ? He doesn't know neither who installed it (previous owner), and doesn't have neither CD's to reinstall (I tried reinstall with software from averdigi web but it ask for CD-Key).

Any help to reset the user/pwd would be very welcome!

Regards

Pieter

Hope this helps. I would try not restoring and look into the Khey first to see if the old S/N is in there, even though you reinstalled from Averdigi. If it is not then hopefully you can restore back to a day before you reinstalled. If all else fails I guess you could get the S/N from the other computer, but if he has two 6240 cards in one computer that means they sent two CD's and two S/Ns for that computer alone. When putting a second card into an existing system, it does not request the second S/N.

Option 1: If you previously uninstalled the software and now need to reinstall it but do not have the CD-Key, you can do a system restore to a previous date and obtain the CD-Key from the Registry by following the steps below. After completing the steps, you will see a registry file call SN on the right hand side, your CD-Key is the 16 digit number that follows.

1. Click start

2. Choose Run

3. Type in Regedit

4. Click on HKey_Local_machine

5. Choose Software

6. Choose DSS

7. Choose DVR

***Note: This will not work if you have reformatted the computer or reinstall windows.

***Note this will only work on the NV series line.

Option 2:If the CD-Key is not able to be retrieved, you can purchase a new CD-Key ($15) by clicking on this link and following the ordering process.

Thanks for answer. Finally I got CD-Key from Aver support, reinstalled software and setup new password. Problem solved

Now the only issue I have is when looking via webbrowser I can't setup ActiveX, as it says it has an invalid certifica (Experid september 2009).

Regards

Pieter

Should be able to clear the certificate. If have IE can go to tools>internet options>content>certificates and in there are 4+ tabs where the certificate should be. Find the proper one and highlight it then click remove. You may have to restart IE for it to take effect. Other than that I am not sure what else that message could be pointing at.

Thanks for answer. Finally I got CD-Key from Aver support, reinstalled software and setup new password. Problem solved

Now the only issue I have is when looking via webbrowser I can't setup ActiveX, as it says it has an invalid certifica (Experid september 2009).

Regards

Pieter

hi Pierter.

every avermedia now has this problem with active x. please turn the time back on your viewing pc to before september 2009 and it will then install then you can set your time on your pc back.