3RDIGLBL

Not Much Action Here about NUUO

Not much going on in the NUUO space in this forum. Is it because it has been a slow adaption with professionals? Are people just generally uneasy about it because there used to the Geo's and Aver's?

I've installed a couple NUUO systems and have been happy with the quality. I think it is feature rich and easier to use than the GeoVision systems I've installed. Can it be improved HECK YA!

Would be great if the system would run as a server only without needing the console running so a customer can keep his PC CPU cycles much lower but also use the console if he wants to review video. I think the CPU usage is a bit high with it.

What have others experiences been, good or bad. Curious really.

I havent had the funds or time to order one to test ... would like to one day though, for a DVR at least. Would be good if the DVR card manufacturers could make demo software for us .. like an actual demo of the GUI but ofcourse without live video ..

Hi 3RDIGLBL,

Actually NUUO can satisfy your request that recording without displaying.

You may go to 'config' -> 'monitor display' and remove all the cameras, and then your main console can work as a pure recording server.

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

Hi 3RDIGLBL,

You may go to 'config' -> 'monitor display' and remove all the cameras, and then your main console can work as a pure recording server.

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

I guess his ? is

if we can run main Apps as windows service ?

which if i remember NUUO cannot ?

Hi 3RDIGLBL,

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

I guess his ? is

Yes, this is what I am getting at. If it can run as a service when the console is not needed it would then use much less resources. I find the CPU usage is high and overall system performance lags because the console has to run.

Hi 3RDIGLBL,

May I know which version you are running and how many channels you are running?

Thanks.

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

Hi 3RDIGLBL,

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

I guess his ? is

Yes, this is what I am getting at. If it can run as a service when the console is not needed it would then use much less resources. I find the CPU usage is high and overall system performance lags because the console has to run.

+1

I was actually going to start a new thread in a couple weeks after I've had the time to play with my demo copy.... glad I found this thread.

Been up and running 2 days now... Interesting you comment on the server not running in the back ground without the huge GUI console hogging up the CPU. That was my very first complaint too.

For the most part though, I am very impressed. In a couple weeks after I've really had time to play, I'll post more of my findings.

In the mean time, are there any hot keys for commonly used functions? Like zoom in, zoom out, play, pause, still frame forward, etc? A million clicks of the mouse is really starting to irritate me...

I was actually going to start a new thread in a couple weeks after I've had the time to play with my demo copy.... glad I found this thread.

Been up and running 2 days now... Interesting you comment on the server not running in the back ground without the huge GUI console hogging up the CPU. That was my very first complaint too.

For the most part though, I am very impressed. In a couple weeks after I've really had time to play, I'll post more of my findings.

In the mean time, are there any hot keys for commonly used functions? Like zoom in, zoom out, play, pause, still frame forward, etc? A million clicks of the mouse is really starting to irritate me...

Where do we get a demo from?

Funny one

now how about that direct download link, without register?

The funny part is

if u really really want I can do it

u install certain app and i will supply shortcut for it

it will manage your passwords and Log In automatically

or Fill long registration and checkout forms with one click.

I have been using for last few years and love it

Hot keys... Nuuo... anyone??

Hi,

NUUO is planning on supporting hot keys in the future design. Thanks for bringing that up!

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

Running Core 2 Quad with 5 Arecont 3130 cameras (not the H.264 version) and 5 Analog cameras.

Dear 3RDIGLBL,

System hang may be caused by various reasons. I would like to know more details, such as

What is main console's version?

Video resolution

Video quality

Is recording on? motion record or always record

Is smart guard on?

Does lowering the number of cameras help? Down to which number of cameras can the system stop hanging? Or does it always hang there?

If you don't mind, you may send more details to service@nuuo.com and then we can make a deeper diagnosis for your system.

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

Windows has the built in Hotkeys API, very easy for the developer to add to any application:

I would suggest only adding it in as an option though, keep it simple (KISS), then allow then to turn on the additional features if they want it.

Declare Function RegisterHotKey Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal id As Long, ByVal fsModifiers As Long, ByVal vk As Long) As Long
Declare Function UnregisterHotKey Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal id As Long) As Long

Windows has the built in Hotkeys API, very easy for the developer to add to any application:

I would suggest only adding it in as an option though, keep it simple (KISS), then allow then to turn on the additional features if they want it.

Declare Function RegisterHotKey Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal id As Long, ByVal fsModifiers As Long, ByVal vk As Long) As Long
Declare Function UnregisterHotKey Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal id As Long) As Long

Hi Rory,

Thanks for your information!

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

Running Core 2 Quad with 5 Arecont 3130 cameras (not the H.264 version) and 5 Analog cameras.

Dear 3RDIGLBL,

System hang may be caused by various reasons. I would like to know more details, such as

What is main console's version?

Video resolution

Video quality

Is recording on? motion record or always record

Is smart guard on?

Does lowering the number of cameras help? Down to which number of cameras can the system stop hanging? Or does it always hang there?

If you don't mind, you may send more details to service@nuuo.com and then we can make a deeper diagnosis for your system.

Sincerely Yours,

NUUO Tech Support

I will not be able to get this anytime soon. Customer is more than 2 hours away and they do not have remote access. But I'll try to answer what I know off the top of my head.

- We are not using smart guard

- motion detection is turned on for all channel and we are masked what is not important

- Maybe this will help with the console version 20091016_3.2.8.4_autorun

-Video resolution? The recorded video resolution? The recorded video resolution is set to highest, D1 for the 4 analog and my 5 mp cameras are the Arecont 3130's.

-Video quality I believe is set at Highest but would have to verify

What happens is when the console is running and you want to playback the system will hang for seconds before going into playback. Sometimes it hangs for 30 plus seconds and sometimes it's a little shorter. Not sure what is causing the CPU to taxi so much where it will make this Core 2 Quad with 4G memory halt. I had the PC built for us and realized they had put AVG on there so we removed that and that helped with the lagging enough so the customer is not complaining about it anymore. The delay is still there but not as bad as what it was.

While you are hear has NUUO tested any of the Atom processors? If so what kind of success have you had? Have you updated your approved video card list and equipment list. Last time I built a PC I had a hard time trying to find the approved equipment on the NUUO list because a lot of it was discontinued or hard to find.

OK, been a few weeks since I've been running Nuuo...

Pros

-stable

-SMTP, NAS, FTP options

-pre and post motion record

-nice admin/ user restriction features

-decent playback interface

-create multiple and simultaneous FOVs from one camera

-can create alarms for low disk, low bandwidth, video loss, low resources, etc.

-excellent browser based client

-advanced search parameters of archived video. ie motion, foreign/ missing object, focus lost, etc

-multple stream profiles for remote views

-love the "enhancement" feature

-wide IP camera support list

-decent cell support

Cons

-NO HOTKEYS!

-zooming in and out when paused in playback is a little goofy. No matter if you zoom in or out, it won't act unless you click the video source once. Weird.

-no full screen controls. it's bizarre that nothing can control the video if it's in full screen...

-Internet Explorer only for browser based client

-only 16x play

-"previous" and "next" buttons are a little goofy. I would imagine they should rewind/ fast forward to the previous/ next recorded event. "next" works, but "previous" only rewinds the same segment. will not select anything before it.

I am also curious if you can run this as a service. I don't like having a PC constantly logged in to keep it running.

Unfortunately no. NUUO requires the client running on the server in order to record which adds a lot of unnecessary horsepower for systems where the customer simply wants it to record without active viewing. Oh well...

few cons that I have noticed.

After installation, it completely disables my UAC ( best ever security feature given in Windows).

I really do not like my NVR software controlling the security settings of my computer.