Adam Daley

No More GV-Lopp Through?

So my supplier (hi) told me GeoVision is no longer making the GV-Loop through card... why is this exactly? Those things were great. Very cost effrective solution for me when I needed to output up to 16 cameras to a secondary device without losing signal quality.

Anybody know any distributors/re-sellers who have any left? The two i have left seem to have problems, since they came from used machines years ago. I need to obtain 1 for my new office, as well as 1 for a client whos GV-Loop went bad. And for other clients who might want one down the line and don't wanna fork up the dough for a more expensive option

If that is true, Geo will be loosing alot of customers. Many use them because of all the extra hardware they have. I wonder when they will stop the IR Remote also.

It is true. I tried to get some last year, but no joy. They told me they felt they were no longer needed because of the matrix functions in v8.3. Crazy decision.

It is true. I tried to get some last year, but no joy. They told me they felt they were no longer needed because of the matrix functions in v8.3. Crazy decision.

The price differance between those two products is to big to let the matrix card take over!

They could rather start stop making so many different DVR card models.

JD

I love the matrix function, I really do. But thats only usefull if im using VGA monitors. A lot of my clients have older BNC style monitors, or newer BNC style LCD monitors that MY COMPANy sold them, lol.

One case we find this to be a pain is when we do modulation, its driving us nuts.

I've had a bunch of customers ask about this.

I know dedicate micros (although ive never realy used their stuff) has outputs built right onto the system. Camera goes in, and goes right out if need be, for each channel. Which is GREAT if a client needs to look at one camera.

Going forward im pushing the digital matrix, but a lot of clients are just swapping out their old systems for the geovision ones, and now we can't really do exactly what needs to be done.