pearlite TL

Check out this camera and let me know whats you think!

So i am thinking about using this Low light Dome camera at my house(outside). The cameras will be around flood lights that are dim at night until movement is scene and that's when the flood lights brighten..

Do you think these are somewhat good cameras for my application or do you have an alternative. All opinions are greatly appreciated

This cameras value is around 180. So if you have an alternative please stay around this mark up to 250 dollars.

CNB VBM-24VF

Specs:

Signal System: NTSC

Scanning System 2:1 Interlace

Scanning Frequency(H) 15.734 KHz

Scanning Frequency(V) 59.94 Hz

Image Sensor: 1/3 inch Super HAD CCD Ⅱ

Sync. System Internal

Total Pixels Number 811(H) x 508(V) 410K

Effective Pixels Number 768(H) x 494(V) 380K

Horizontal Resolution 600 TV Lines (BW 650TV Lines)

Video Output Level 1.0 Vp-p (75Ω, Composite)

S/N Ratio More than 50dB (AGC Off)

Lens DC Iris Vari-focal Lens (f=2.8~10.5mm)

Min. Illumination 0.1 Lux (Color), 0.01 Lux (B/W)

Day & Night System ICR(AGC Type)

Digital Noise Reduction (SDNR) Low, Middle, High, Off

White Balance ATW, Manual, Push

AGC On/Off

SBLC Off, Low, Middle, High

Flickerless On/Off

Electronic Shutter Speed 1/60~1/120,000

Mirror Function Horizontal

OSD Menu English, Chinese

Privacy Zone On/Off (4 Programmable Zone)

Motion detection On/Off (4 Programmable Zone)

Power Consumption Max. 300mA / 3.6W

Power Voltage AC24V (20V~28V) or DC12V (10V~15V)

So i am thinking about using this Low light Dome camera at my house(outside). The cameras will be around flood lights that are dim at night until movement is scene and that's when the flood lights brighten..

Do you think these are somewhat good cameras for my application or do you have an alternative. All opinions are greatly appreciated

This cameras value is around 180. So if you have an alternative please stay around this mark up to 250 dollars.

CNB VBM-24VF

Specs:

Signal System: NTSC

Scanning System 2:1 Interlace

Scanning Frequency(H) 15.734 KHz

Scanning Frequency(V) 59.94 Hz

Image Sensor: 1/3 inch Super HAD CCD Ⅱ

Sync. System Internal

Total Pixels Number 811(H) x 508(V) 410K

Effective Pixels Number 768(H) x 494(V) 380K

Horizontal Resolution 600 TV Lines (BW 650TV Lines)

Video Output Level 1.0 Vp-p (75Ω, Composite)

S/N Ratio More than 50dB (AGC Off)

Lens DC Iris Vari-focal Lens (f=2.8~10.5mm)

Min. Illumination 0.1 Lux (Color), 0.01 Lux (B/W)

Day & Night System ICR(AGC Type)

Digital Noise Reduction (SDNR) Low, Middle, High, Off

White Balance ATW, Manual, Push

AGC On/Off

SBLC Off, Low, Middle, High

Flickerless On/Off

Electronic Shutter Speed 1/60~1/120,000

Mirror Function Horizontal

OSD Menu English, Chinese

Privacy Zone On/Off (4 Programmable Zone)

Motion detection On/Off (4 Programmable Zone)

Power Consumption Max. 300mA / 3.6W

Power Voltage AC24V (20V~28V) or DC12V (10V~15V)

very good cameras. i use cnb all the time. if you pm me i will let you log on to a customer to see the quality.

hii there my name is shane ptz please reply to me the camera when the light is on the camera will see at night but when its off it might not you could get a infra red light or a camera with infra red there very good its up to you realy lol

I haven't used that model specifically, but we're using a lot CNB domes these days and find them excellent overall. Just recently put some day/night domes in recently on a restaurant patio and their night sensitivity is pretty impressive. With your existing flood lights, there should be no need for IR.

Here it is with the standard patio lighting on... the bright blobs are 40W bulbs in caged fixtures.

118127_1.jpg

And here they are with the patio lighting (including Christmas lights in the trees) all turned off - all it gets is filtered street lighting from a couple hundred feet away (coming from the left), and light from inside the dining room, filtered through half-closed blinds (from the right).

118127_2.jpg

hii there my name is shane ptz please reply to me the camera when the light is on the camera will see at night but when its off it might not you could get a infra red light or a camera with infra red there very good its up to you realy lol

... I think what he is trying to say here is: the low-light quality of this camera may not match to the quality of an infra-red camera. Having said that, if you're putting this camera near streetlights or you have a motion-sensing floodlight I imagine this camera should be fine.

Edited by Guest

Not sure what the images in Soundy's post are from, but thats pretty poor low lighting, more then likely it is a Color IR camera though, not true Day night?

Anyway, the one you listed is their new "Mona Lisa" version. No idea how well it works. The claims are impressive and supposedly it has an ICR, making it True Day Night.

... I think what he is trying to say here is: the low-light quality of this camera may not match to the quality of an infra-red camera. Having said that, if you're putting this camera near streetlights or you have a motion-sensing floodlight I imagine this camera should be fine.

I'm glad YOU can understand him.

Not sure what the images in Soundy's post are from, but thats pretty poor low lighting, more then likely it is a Color IR camera though, not true Day night?

Anyway, the one you listed is their new "Mona Lisa" version. No idea how well it works. The claims are impressive and supposedly it has an ICR, making it True Day Night.

Actually, just went and checked the boxes: it's the VCM-20VF, which looks to basically be the vandal-resistant version of the OP's cameras.

The problem with comparing day/night pics like this is that you have no idea how dark it really is on that patio - with everything being dark surfaces as well (stone base, dark-stained wood trellis, etc.) and what light does get to it being highly filtered, it's dark enough that you could easily trip over something walking through it.

Here's the daylight view:

119146_1.jpg

119146_1.jpg

Soundy is recording done by Vigil ,Videoinsight or ?

model number looks very similar what u install for me

That's a Vigil. No tweaking done to image (brightness/contrast), and compression level has been increased a bit beyond default.

That's a Vigil. No tweaking done to image (brightness/contrast), and compression level has been increased a bit beyond default.

ok Thanks

u should tweak image

kinda weak

Actually, just went and checked the boxes: it's the VCM-20VF, which looks to basically be the vandal-resistant version of the OP's cameras.

The problem with comparing day/night pics like this is that you have no idea how dark it really is on that patio - with everything being dark surfaces as well (stone base, dark-stained wood trellis, etc.) and what light does get to it being highly filtered, it's dark enough that you could easily trip over something walking through it.

Ok thanks. Guess I will stay clear of the Mona Lisa for now then

Also, seems the image is interlaced? And was it focused properly? Maybe just water marks?

ok Thanks

u should tweak image

kinda weak

I leave that for their IT guy - he likes to do his own tweaking

Ok thanks. Guess I will stay clear of the Mona Lisa for now then

Not happy with that clarity of picture in extreme darkness?

Whatever...

Also, seems the image is interlaced? And was it focused properly? Maybe just water marks?

They're exposed outside domes and it's been raining for a week, so...

Don't know the lux level, but based on your comments, I'm assuming it's extremely low, in which case, I would be happy with that image. That guy that is walking is well defined, even the foot that is mid-step, with minimal motion blur. Just curious, can you eliminate the color noise in the night image? Might be easier on the eyes if all the noise was luma.

Best,

Christopher

Correct.

Whatever...

LOL.

Don't know the lux level, but based on your comments, I'm assuming it's extremely low, in which case, I would be happy with that image.

Yes, extremely low. I swear, I'm gonna pick up a lux meter just so I can thumb my nose at Rory

That guy that is walking is well defined,

Thanks! That's me... Wearing blue jeans and an orange shirt... so both around mid-grey in there. That's a piece of pine 2x8 I'm carrying, too.

even the foot that is mid-step, with minimal motion blur.

I can send you the whole video clip, if you want...

Just curious, can you eliminate the color noise in the night image? Might be easier on the eyes if all the noise was luma.

I can dial out the saturation on the DVR, but that will make the daytime image B&W as well. I should ask 3xLogic if there's a way to make it auto-desaturate when the camera goes to night mode. So far though, I haven't seen ANY DVR that does that...

Best,

Christopher