trevttu76

Bosch 0828/20 dip setting with Samsung SHR-2162 DVR protocal

I have been a long time prowler of the site, but this is my first post so be gentle.

I have a Samsung SHR-2162 DVR and am trying to control a Bosch LTC 0828/20 G3 autodome PTZ camera. This is my first PTZ camera and the one I have is quite old so bear with me. A few problems; I am unsure of the protocol to use, I am fairly sure that my camera is set up for 232 and my DVR is 485, there are 8 dip switches on the camera and I cannot find anywhere that tells me what they do.

I think starting out if someone knows the DIP switch options for the camera that would be a good start. The Samsung shows; Samsung, Vic, AD, Phi., Em, Pel-D, Pel-P, Vcl, Dia, Kal, Tech as available options. So far none of them work, but I think that is due to the RS-232/485 issue that I don’t know the dip settings to change. I have found the 4 switch, but not the 8 switch settings.

Thanks for your expertise!

Edited by Guest

I dont know that Model number anymore - however Bosch PTZ cameras run on a protocol called Bi-Phase wehn in this mode by default it menas they can be run with a 232/485 conversion with Bosch Equipment or any DVR that supports this protocol - the older versions needed you to instal an inline resitor at the end of line.

One of the interesting things about Bosch PTZ's is that they can also run on Bilinx - this measn they can run and be controlled over the coax without the need for any data wire at all - you imply need the Bilinx tool.

Almost all of the latest Bosch PTZ's are switchable to Pelco protocol via dip switches in the unit.

I am not sure if this site still exists but it did once and it should have all the info you need - if not the Bosch site alwyas has manuals etc.

http://www.autodome.com

Thanks for the insight and quick answer.

I would love to get this to work without having to buy the Bilinix tool. It sounds like if I can get the dip setting information I will be most of the way there.

I have not been able to find ANY information on this camera on Bosch's website or anywhere else. Maybe I can find a forum similar to this that specializes in Bosch.

That website is still active, but searches for this camera have led to a dead end.

If your Autodome G3 has 8 DIP switches, it means it has the older chipset. The newer G3 autodomes had 4.

The number 2 DIP is what controlled teh mode: RS232 or RS485.

HOWEVER.

It also depended on your firmware revision. Power cycle the camera and see what comes up on the video.

5.0 - 485 was added

5.10 - Bilinx was finally enabled for use.

5.31 - Pelco protocol supported

5.39 - Final firmware release - December 2006