dejota

Feedback from Installers Please!

I need to start pursuing my radio career again because I'm not presumptuous enough to go around telling people what's good for their businesses.

What did you think of the books?

Best,

Christopher

4/ Warranty - minimum 3yrs

Who offers a three year warranty? We offer a two year warranty and in today's day and age that's plenty. I can't think of any electronics off the top of my head that comes with a 3 year warranty.

A lot of companies offer 3 year warranty. We offer 3 year warranty and i have seen many other companies offer 5 year warranty. If you stand by your product a 3 year warranty is nothing.

This is what we look for

1/ Support - it must be available easily and in many time zones

Very true we have won over many Distributors because we are able to support their customers so they don't have to do it. And they can spend time distributing instead. Support is extremely important, without it they might as well buy from overseas.

14/ Technical sales people - very handy for presentations

15/ A and E specs - technical data for consultants to specify your products with

It's not our job to market or know the product for you. If I had a client that asked for my assistance I'd gladly provide it, but at the end of the day it's not my job to sell for you.

We still have to market our products even though we are a manufacturer. Some sales will go from distro pushing your products but a lot of sales will also come from dealers coming in to distros and requesting a certain product. If they request your product than distros will have to think about carrying more of your products.

Whats also important is we provide and consult on marketing materials and tactics for dealers and distros.

We try to sell our products all the time to dealers. Once they are interested than we send them to their local distro for our products

So far I have attempted to contact the regional distributor for both Panasonic and Samsung with no success. I don't care how good the product is, if I can't get a quick email or call back... I'm going elsewhere.

Personally, I think your company would be better off to hire a small inside sales and support department and do direct sales. In theory you could undercut the prices of competitors (with no middle man) so much, purchasers would have to pay attention! You create a website and make sure google and other search engines list you. In my limited experience with marketing contractors, their service is not great for the small fish. They prefer to push the stuff that sells itself... as in the manufacturer has already built the product recognition.

SAVE BIG BY PURCHASING DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER!

Oh and both Panasonic and Samsung offer 3 year warranties.

If he (the OP) won't/can't sell direct and he can't get any marketing companies/suppliers to stock his product, he's screwed.

Who offers a three year warranty? We offer a two year warranty and in today's day and age that's plenty. I can't think of any electronics off the top of my head that comes with a 3 year warranty.

Ikegami

USA & Canada only Attention!

Ikegami CCTV Camera Owners

Full 10-Year Warranty Program

Click here for registration!

This program is for following limited models :

ICD-38 | ICD-47 | ICD-48 | ICD-49

ICD-505 | ICD-509 | ICD-68 | ICD-608

ICD-609 | ICD-809 | ICD-879

5-Year Warranty Program :

ISD-A10 |ISD-A20 |ISD-A21 |

ISD-A30 |ISD-A31

Pelco

• Five years:

– Fiber optic products

– TW3000 Series unshielded twisted pair (UTP) transmission products

– CC3701H-2, CC3701H-2X, CC3751H-2, CC3651H-2X, MC3651H-2, and

MC3651H-2X camera models

• Three years:

– Pelco-branded fixed camera models (CCC1390H Series, C10DN Series,

C10CH Series, IP3701H Series, and IX Series)

– EH1500 Series enclosures

– Spectra® IV products (including Spectra IV IP)

– Camclosure® Series (IS, ICS, IP) integrated camera systems

– DX Series digital video recorders, DVR5100 Series digital video recorders,

Digital Sentry® Series hardware products, DVX Series digital video

recorders, and NVR300 Series network video recorders

– Endura® Series distributed network-based video products

– Genex® Series products (multiplexers, server, and keyboard)

– PMCL200/300/400 Series LCD monitors

Panasonic

Three Years

Digital Disk Recorder, Network Disk Recorder and Extension Unit:

WJ-ND400 (sold after July 1, 2009), WJ-HD616, WJ-HD716, WJ-HDE400. Hard disk drives are warrantied separately. Cooling fans

are warrantied for one year.

Hard disk drive: all models 250GB or higher capacity. 160GB or less carry a 180-day warranty. Neither the cost of recovering data

from the hard disk drives, nor the value of any data which cannot be recovered, is covered under warranty,

Camera: all fixed standard body and fixed dome cameras beginning with WV and all Pan/Tilt/Zoom cameras beginning with WV

except for fans, motors, lens assemblies and slip ring which are warrantied for one year).

Displays: LCD and CRT's beginning with PLCD and WV.

Matrix/Switch: all matrix / switch products beginning with WJ-SX, WJ-MPU and PMPU.

Computar/Ganz

Lenses and Lens Accessories 3 Years

Standard CCD Cameras (1) 3 Years

IP Cameras and Video Servers (2) 1 Year

GANZ Value Series Cameras (3) 3 Years

IR/Specialty Cameras & Accessories (4) 1 Year

4000/5000/7000 Series Domes & Accessories 3 Years

PTZ Domes & Accessories 2 Years

Megapixel Cameras 1 Year

Board Cameras & BH1 Series Kits 1 Year

Multiple-Output Power Supplies 3 Years

Monitors 3 Years

Outdoor Housings/Outdoor Dome Kits w/pre-assembled camera & lens 3 Years

Pro-Pak Kits w/pre-assembled camera, lens, power & video cables 3 Years

iPak Kits w/pre-assembled IP camera, lens, power & ethernet cables 3 Years

Megapixel/Hybrid NVR Server 3 Years

DIGIMASTER Series 4 Lite, 4, 8, & 16 ch DVR 3 Years (5 years on HDD)

DIGIMASTER Series 16 ch 480 IPS DVR 3 Years (5 years on HDD)

DIGIMAX PC Based DVR 3 Years

Video Cassette Recorders 1 Year (90 days on heads)

Honeywell cameras - 3 years

JVC cameras - 3 years

Bosch cameras - 3 years

Samsung GVI cameras - 3 years

Besides that, our hp Proliant servers and workstations came with a 3/3/3 year warranty; our Western Digital hard disks came with a 5 year warranty and our Cisco 4507R switch came with a 5 year warranty.

I'm thinking someone may be going back to radio!

Haha, I actually found out today my last hope at the station I interned at is no more. Lost out on the open position to somebody with more design experience...damn.

This week has been a little better. I'm finally starting to get a few hits on the mass emailings, tweetings and what not. Either way I'm spending the weekend editing audio and posting it to the web and just applying for any and every radio job in the nation.

Chris - I checked out as much of the first book you mentioned as google would let me preview but couldn't find a preview for the other one (except on amazon, but I don't have an account). It's interesting stuff, but I'm just not the business owner and have very little sway to changing how things go here. The business model is let the product sell it self, just show it to enough people.

I'm going to stick it out and keep trying but if people that are in the same boat as I am are just going to criticize things I can't control in lieu of trying to help it seems I'm on my own.

Thanks to the installers for the tips, I wish I could do more to implement some of those great suggestions into our products. If nothing else I definitely can say I have a better understanding of where the people I'm talking to are coming from. And I can't say I blame you guys for the frustration with manufacturers.

So far I have attempted to contact the regional distributor for both Panasonic and Samsung with no success. I don't care how good the product is, if I can't get a quick email or call back... I'm going elsewhere.

Personally, I think your company would be better off to hire a small inside sales and support department and do direct sales. In theory you could undercut the prices of competitors (with no middle man) so much, purchasers would have to pay attention! You create a website and make sure google and other search engines list you. In my limited experience with marketing contractors, their service is not great for the small fish. They prefer to push the stuff that sells itself... as in the manufacturer has already built the product recognition.

SAVE BIG BY PURCHASING DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER!

Oh and both Panasonic and Samsung offer 3 year warranties.

You need to get Ipro cert if you want to sell some Panasonic products. Also I can put you intouch with a Samsung rep if no one gets back to you.

Also Axis has a 3 year warranty with a next day replacement.

Exacq also has 3 year warranty with great support!!

Edited by Guest