paddler1000

rainbow band across bottom of screen

Can anyone tell me what causes this effect? It takes up about 1/5 of the screen across the bottom on all 6 of my cameras on a dvr. I see this locally as well as remotely. The colors in the band seem to be related to the brightness of the scene in the cameras view. Bright outdoor pics have multi colored while darker indoor pictures have a dark band with a few colored pixels here and there. any help appreciated.

Are these IP cameras or Analog? I have seen this with ip cameras before and usually doing firmware upgrade will fix issue. If analog cameras then your only option is to upgrade firmware for Standalone DVR otherwise it means that the capture card device is going bad.

Can anyone tell me what causes this effect? It takes up about 1/5 of the screen across the bottom on all 6 of my cameras on a dvr. I see this locally as well as remotely. The colors in the band seem to be related to the brightness of the scene in the cameras view. Bright outdoor pics have multi colored while darker indoor pictures have a dark band with a few colored pixels here and there. any help appreciated.

what make of dvr do you have ??

Could be three things.

1/ Set to wrong video standard ...ntsc vs pal

2/ dying capture card - more likely hint bridge controller on the card

3/ hardware overlay issue with the video card.

using a test monitor is sound advice

Could be three things.

1/ Set to wrong video standard ...ntsc vs pal

2/ dying capture card - more likely hint bridge controller on the card

3/ hardware overlay issue with the video card.

using a test monitor is sound advice

I want to know that what test monitor can be used?

???????

A service/test montior is a small screen with AV input - it lets you test a camera before it gets to the DVR this way you can see if the DVR is causing the issue.....just use a telly and a coax to rca adapter if you like?