Kry0h

BOSCH/Philips VSS8394/00T to PC DVR

Hi There !

I have a BOSCH/Philips VSS8394/00T including the RT24A (Tape DVR) with 8 cameras ( VCM7C230/00T - RJ11e ) that i had from a preview installation on a store.

Since the criminal rate raised up very fast on my home town, i have decided to put this surveillance system in my home.

The VSS8394 is working fine, but the tape DVR RT24A died a long time ago, so ive decided to connect the VSS8394 to one PC in order to create DVR ( im using WebcamXP ), ive managed to connect it with a PCTV capture device with a BNC to Composite cable ( VSS Video Out <--Cable--> PCTV Input ), and everything worked fine with one camera.

The problem came when i added another camera, the VSS has one strange cable that gives the output to a DVR ( this one http://www.ptisamsung.com/popup_image.php?pID=85 ) and it only gives me one possible out signal, so in theory i only can get one camera or send only the signal that is showed on the VSS.. ive tried to put on the VSS VCR settings the recording module at Multiplexing, but in the pc i only see a mixture of cameras images...

Is there a way that i can record 8 cameras with the VSS from a singal with multiplexing ? Is there any DVR software that can "read" this multiplexed signal and demultiplex in different signals so i can record has different cameras ?

Many Thanks !

Thank you very much for your reply mate !

Yep ive checked that on the user manual, but the problem is, what PCI card has the capability of using VEXT cable and demux the signal so i can record on some kind of a DVR software ?

Ive also found on the web that this VSS unit has 1 more clone, one Panasonic (similar to the VSS8394 from BOSCH and Philips, but only minor differences on the firmware ( name and version ) ), from that i found some RJ11e to BNC adapters (http://www.ptisamsung.com/popup_image.php?pID=75), or this one too that i found on a previews post ( http://www.mace.com/index.php/product/index/id/585) and maybe ill try to create some kind of a "box" ( with a 220V power supply to 8 24 V outs) so i can plug in all 8 cameras RJ11e to video (BNC) and audio (Composite) ... but that i know ill take a while to build it

Another thing, i could, in theory, pulg all the 8 cameras and send it via Video Out without using the Multiplexing option, i just simply adjust the cameras to track motion, and the VSS shows up on the screen the camera that captured motion, so i can use the pc has a motion capture dvr device ( my main goal ), but there is a problem, when i have ( example ) 2 cameras and, one of the ( lets call camera 1) camera spots movement the screen automatically changes to that live feed of the cam1, so far so good, when the cam 2 spots something, it does the same, perfect, but, when camera 1 spots something again, the vss does not change the screen picture for that cam... Ive read the manual plenty of times, applied all the steps that they say for automatic acknowledge the movement and set to waiting mode in order so the order camera spots something, nothing zero... but i found that the VSS has a RS232 interface to load up and save configurations, so my next step is to try see if i can do something about the configuration our try to find ( dont know were but ill try to explore as much as i can) a software update our something useful..

As soon as i found something ill post it in here , until then if anyone can help me ill be thank gods for that !

( Sorry about the big post and my poor English )