swampguinnie

What phone & software is best for Avermedia PDAViewer

Hi guys,

Would anybody have a good knowledge of what is the best PDAViewer & software to view avermedia eh5115 pro on ?

My carrier has just got the iPhone 3Gs on sale and I was going to try it for 14 days free trial. However I dont know what software to use or where to downlaod it from.

Is the iPhone the best or is the Blackberry best? Or are there more options?

TIA

Swampie

Hi guys,

Would anybody have a good knowledge of what is the best PDAViewer & software to view avermedia eh5115 pro on ?

My carrier has just got the iPhone 3Gs on sale and I was going to try it for 14 days free trial. However I dont know what software to use or where to downlaod it from.

Is the iPhone the best or is the Blackberry best? Or are there more options?

TIA

Swampie

Hi swampguinni.

you dont need any software for any avermedia. it will work on any phone or smartphone/ pda/iphone. all of which have very good remote viewing. but with a pda i.e htc phones you have multi screen and you can also record. pm me for iphone app. but any other phone just dial in to your recorder.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the offer of help. My current phone is not capable of connecting so I tried my "Ipod Touch" which recognized the url, asked for login details but then didnt make it to the camera system.

Would the iPod application you offered work with the ipod touch or just the iphone?

Either way, I will appreciate you sending it as I can try a demo Iphone for 14 days if I know I can use for the cameras.

Regards

Swampie

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the offer of help. My current phone is not capable of connecting so I tried my "Ipod Touch" which recognized the url, asked for login details but then didnt make it to the camera system.

Would the iPod application you offered work with the ipod touch or just the iphone?

Either way, I will appreciate you sending it as I can try a demo Iphone for 14 days if I know I can use for the cameras.

Regards

Swampie

hi its the same app on both. and its free.just go to itunes and look for averdigi viewer.

how is it in yorkshire.

hi its the same app on both. and its free.just go to itunes and look for averdigi viewer.

how is it in yorkshire.

Hi Tom,

Yorkshire is fine thanks. At last the snow has died down and things are getting back to normal. Where abouts are you from?

Cheers for the averdigi ipod app, that worked 1st time i tried. The picture is very poor to say in real life it is a 1.3megapixel camera however.

I am wondering if this can be improved upon by viewing through the safari browser on my ipod touch, but every time i enter my url it correctly identified it as a secure website. So i enter my password and it simply bounces back to the log in page instead of actually logging in.

Am I doing something wrong in simply entering my url? xx.xxx.xxx.xxx instead of xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/mobile or something like that? I have tried several permatation but non work and the direct url seems to get me closest by actually showing a secure log in page.

Any ideas?

swampie

Hi

The AVermedia EB1304NET is a high-quality compact recorder that combines the function of a surveillance recorder and multiplexer into one unit.

It takes in up to 4 video channels and digitally encodes the video streams into the latest compression method

Thanks @@@

you can improve it by telling avermedia to increase the size of the images using the mobile viewer which just uses the /mobile images. the size of these are 170x instead of 320x which is what it should be for an iphone. most companies allow you choose different picture sizes but this is not the case with them; and so when you stretch the picture you will lose detail. especially if you are not trying to clean up the artifacts after stretching.