cctv_down_under

Control geo only with bluetooth mouse

Hi - i know about the infa red unit, but wanted to use Geo only with a mouse and windows virtual keyboard...I can do this to some extent, the issue is we like to leave a DVR locked down so that they can not get out of full screen view unless they hit F10 to go to logview - so the issue is that say i go to logview and want to save a file, I need a keyboard to give it a file name - but the windows keyboard is hidden behind the logview program -

any ideas..I know I can program a mouse for function keys - but not for typing names

Edit - OSK can stay on top by itself.

If you enable OSK to "Always on top" does it not stay on top?

also check this out:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7530

But everytime you open OSK it should just come to the top if it is not already.

I'll have to test Rory, but I think that the "on top" may be ontop of windows desktop.......not full screen overlay...ie if I wasnt in full screen it may work....the idea is we dont let em minimise out of full screen ....this way they NEVER see the GUI and dont ask about it...all they need do is hit F10 and then go to the log...makes it simple for them...i just want to only have a mouse...keyboards are too bulky...

I did find an awesome blutooth keyboard with inbuit scroll pad...from logitec...its called a dinovo edge....nice peice of kit but expensive

In Geo's full screen, one can still hit the windows key though, for example, and the start menu will come up over the Geo video.