peterbriss

Geovision card and web enabled phone access

Hey guys I got this question on my website. I have not worked with the Geovision product before so thought I would post the question here. Let me know your thoughts.

i have a problem to connect my cctv system over internet with my 3G phone with windows mobile 6.0 made in taiwan HTC TITAN II. i use cctv dvr card geovision GV800 software v7.0, I already set the internet requirement to be access over internet connection and I already access my cctv with internet explorer with success. but i have problem with my 3G phone that always failed to access the cctv system. i have already install the software for windows CE to my 3g phone but when i try to connect its failed( its said 'server close'. i dont know because the software doesnt support for 3gpp or i have to find another software that support for this application, please give advice

Peter

Hey guys I got this question on my website. I have not worked with the Geovision product before so thought I would post the question here. Let me know your thoughts.

i have a problem to connect my cctv system over internet with my 3G phone with windows mobile 6.0 made in taiwan HTC TITAN II. i use cctv dvr card geovision GV800 software v7.0, I already set the internet requirement to be access over internet connection and I already access my cctv with internet explorer with success. but i have problem with my 3G phone that always failed to access the cctv system. i have already install the software for windows CE to my 3g phone but when i try to connect its failed( its said 'server close'. i dont know because the software doesnt support for 3gpp or i have to find another software that support for this application, please give advice

Peter

peter

if you are with at&t try disabling the "at&t proxy" in your connection settings on the phone

Can't remember if Ver 7 supported 3G but on the main Geovision screen, go to the far right button on the lower right called Networks. Click on it and uncheck Web Server. Click on the Network button again and check Web Server. A popup box should appear with several tabs. One of the tabs should be for 3G ports. Select it and make sure they are active. The ports listed also need to be forwarded thru your router for 3G operation.

If the 3G tab is not there, you may have to upgrade to at least Ver 8.01

I use my HTC touch pro2 to connect to my geo 1480 with port 8866. It works great.

I still hate the software though. its stupid and very old fashioned in our sophisticated world. I have searched for 3rd party but with no luck.

There isn't any 3rd party winmo software out there pikach so I guess we are stuck with that old winmo 5 looking software. I use an ipod touch to view my system when i'm in wifi range just because my windows mobile software sucks.

Even the blackberry software is very basic and slow.