eyespye.security

POS Solution for IP Surveillance

We are moving away from analog and have almost converted to 100% IP solution. The problem is that there is very limited software solution for the POS integration (Net Transact from ONSSI).

We are using Aimetis and wanted to know if there are any solutions with that, or anyone else that has used a POS integration with an IP solution.

Also, using a Geovision NVR with IP cameras is not the best option. I want something with pure IP if possible.

Thanks for your suggestions.

--------------------------

Eyespye Security Solutions

--------------------------

IP Security

POS Integration

Counter-Surveillance

Fleet GPS Tracking

Building Energy Audit

Geovision has a pure IP solution GV-NVR, Im testing one as we speak and so far its Ok.

Another is Milestone it has "Transact" for POS

z

Have used Geovision NVR with pure IP and data capture at several fast food places without a problem. You may be confusing NVR with the Geo Hybrid DVR.

Likewise with the Vigil DVR/NVR - POS data can be captured, cataloged, and searched directly in the main interface. Text overlay should have died with the time-lapse VCR.

Text overlay should have died with the time-lapse VCR.

How do you think they are placing the text over the video?

Text overlay should have died with the time-lapse VCR.

How do you think they are placing the text over the video?

Huh?

With analog, same as always. Doesn't work any differently.

My point above is, text-overlay-on-video of POS logging should go away. There's no point to it when you can log the data right beside the video and make it searchable.

Huh?

With analog, same as always. Doesn't work any differently.

My point above is, text-overlay-on-video of POS logging should go away. There's no point to it when you can log the data right beside the video and make it searchable.

my point is that is how they put the text on top of the video, direct draw overlay - WITH DIGITAL not analog.

Obviously people also want to see the text from the transaction and placing it ontop the video is better then having a separate box taking up space, especially when it is in full screen.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had forgotten about this post!!!

We have been using GV IP POS overlay for a while now and are very disappointed in the interface and how clunky and small the integrated video is. In fact, we have stopped selling GV POS inserter and are actively looking for something with similar features.

We typically use EPSON TM88 printers which are extremely common in the restaurant/retail environments. When using this device, the text all runs together.

More importantly, it doesn't work if the POS device is sitting between the POS itself and pole display. So the only option is to use it between the POS and the printer and one has to print a receipt in order for it to show on the screen.

This is problematic for many of the restaurants we work with.

Here are the requirements we/our customers have:

1) Must be able to use the device without printing a receipt

2) Must be able to do text searches and correlate with video surveillance.

a) This would come into play when the crooked bartender rings up a

Cranberry juice and sells a Vodka Tonic and pockets the difference!

b) Clerk scans a candy bar and sells a 12-pack Corona and puts $12.49

into their personal savings account courtesy of the store owner

3) Need to be able to use with Aimetis Alnet or other VMS software. I know there is NetTransact, but last time I checked, that was still vaporware and OnSSI would not release the actual diagrams on how it would work.

I will check out Nuuo and see if it fits the needs.

Thanks again for the heads up.