Lombie

Residential (exterior) video surveil installer in Arizona?

Hello,

Not sure exactly where to post this, so feel free to bump if there's a better spot.

Can anyone recommend a good installer in the Phoenix area who can pull power to the exterior eaves of my home and install 4 wireless cameras in a professional manner?

I have all the hardware...I just need someone with an eye for detail to do the installation.

Feel free to PM or post.

Thanks in advance!

-Lombie

I'm not sure about an installer, but if you are going to the expense of pulling cable to the corners just for power, I'd recommend pulling video cable (siamese RG59/18-2) instead.

The 18-2 wire in the siamese cable could be used to power the wireless cams now, and you would be able to add a hardwired cam later.

The additional cost would be minimal, and wireless cameras tend to be problematic. in the future, you may very well want to change to hardwired cameras to avoid those problems.

Excellent advice, hardwired. Thank you. I was planning to start with wireless because we don't really have the space for a monitor and DVR in a fixed location. The wireless comes with a small, picture-frame style monitor with media card for recording. We can move it around to wherever there's a power outlet and still monitor what's going on around the property.

If you think there's still a better solution, I'm all ears!

Thanks again,

-Lombie

I'd suggest using a small DVR that has hardwired cameras and network capability, and access it through a wireless router with a small netbook or laptop.

This would also give you the capability of accessing your system through the internet.

Excellent advice, hardwired. Thank you. I was planning to start with wireless because we don't really have the space for a monitor and DVR in a fixed location. The wireless comes with a small, picture-frame style monitor with media card for recording. We can move it around to wherever there's a power outlet and still monitor what's going on around the property.

If you think there's still a better solution, I'm all ears!

Thanks again,

-Lombie

Hardwired is right. try moving away from wireless. you will wish you had when installed.

the cameras still need power feed so like hardwire said use RG59 with power and put a small dvr buy your power outlet. then link dvr upto your existing tvs. a good little dvr is the avermedia. if you are going to fit cctv fit something that works.

http://www.avermedia-usa.com/surveillance/productdetail.aspx?id=18

I'd suggest using a small DVR that has hardwired cameras and network capability, and access it through a wireless router with a small netbook or laptop.

This would also give you the capability of accessing your system through the internet.

Yep I totally agree. Those all in one wireless kits are problematic and one is lucky if they work half the time especially in brick homes. Even if they punch through a wall or two they still cant go through a Fridge and interference from other wireless devices are common.