Greenpinkie

Need urgent help

Hi All. I need urgent help. I have to turn in a security video to the police as evidence, but when I converted the VSE file to AVI and tried to play it on the windows media player, I had no audio. It only has the video data. I even downloaded a Codec pack as someone suggested and it didn't work. Please, please help me! I have very little knowledge about all of this. Thank you in advance.

It doesn't do anything for VSE files. Thanks for suggesting, though. Anyone out there know anything about converting VSE files with audio into Avi and keeping the audio?

As a last resort you could always hook up the output of the dvr into a VCR or DVR recorder and hit play on the DVR and record on the recorder and then give the police a copy of the tape or DVD...

Thanks Ken--and everyone else who tried to help. I really appreciated the effort. I have to turn in the video tomorrow and so I guess it will have to be without audio for now. I will, however, continue my search for the VSE audio issue...

I have done many of these by simply using a screen capture utility, that has the ability to drag a box over the section of your screen that you want to capture. I have never really seen any degradation in quality, assuming you check your preferences for what type of output you want. Most of them will export to .dv, .mpg, .avi., .wmv etc.. If the VSM plays with audio, it should work, as the screen capture utilities capture the audio right from your sound card.

I use NCH Debut video capture program, as well as some others. I ran into my first job last week that I could NOT capture...it was an L3 Communications in-car police video. It was encrypted, and somehow or another made it so I could not do it. But I have transferred dozens this way.

Matt