flawlessproof

software viewer for mutli platform dvrs

I am taking over responsibility for a security system that has several brands of dvrs. We have some dedicated micros, some ic realtime, and a few others that I am sure to find along the way. Each brand has thier own software but I need to find one cohesive software to access all systems. Even if it means I can only view live cameras I need a way to connect to the ip of each of these dvrs through one program. Is there software like this that exists. I have tried researching but may not have the correct jargin for searching.

your best bet is to contact each manufacturer and see what they say. many have some sdk available (i know DM does for instance) so it is possible. i don't recall any for icrealtime though.

Do they all support using a web browser? You probably want some standalone application, but if all you're wanting is a live view, it might be the easiest (and quickest) option to consider

Nope, nothing like this exists.

As mentioned you may be able to get the SDK or ActiveX for each DVR, or some of them, but then you would essentially need to create your own program, or as also mentioned, you could use the web browser. SDKs are limited on many DVRs and only option in most cases is the ActiveX control, which in most cases also is limited or have their own issues.

For example, with GeoVision you need a separate ActiveX Conrtrol for each camera ... that gets very heavy, and that is only one DVR (I am using an older version of their ActiveX control just to make it lighter, but it is still heavy). IP cameras are much easier to deal with though, Ive used the Axis stuff and it is soooo light and quick, basic jpeg stream though, but it works. And speaking of which, I am currently working on a Mixed GeoVision - Axis remote viewer. From there, I may look at including other DVRs. Sorry I cant help you right now though.

Depending on how many machines you are talking about I would consider upgrading to a single platform. With what they have come out with in the last couple months alone (and the prices are getting so reasonable) We have switched lines of DVR's and are offering our existing customers to trade up to the newer machines with all the bells (plus the new machines have the capability to send status reports so managed services are possible - we can let the customer know he has a problem as it is happening instead of when they try to download inportant video that's not there). Most of the machines that you probably have will not allow you to do much in the way of remote config, such as changing for daylight savings time) and they probably have pretty low quality recording anyway.

My company Security Partners monitors video from a single platform that integrates 50 different product lines. Through our web portal you could access live camera shots from multiple sources on a single web page. Please contact off line for more info.

I am taking over responsibility for a security system that has several brands of dvrs. We have some dedicated micros, some ic realtime, and a few others that I am sure to find along the way. Each brand has thier own software but I need to find one cohesive software to access all systems. Even if it means I can only view live cameras I need a way to connect to the ip of each of these dvrs through one program. Is there software like this that exists. I have tried researching but may not have the correct jargin for searching.

Well we are looking for something that also has bells and whistles like remote config, 3g mobile phone viewing, point of sale alarm capabilities. Upgrading 20 stores to one platform would be expensive. Honestly I want to find the best way to do this that will work effectively and (somewhat of a joke in technology) last us for a while without becoming outdated. We can go with IC Realtime and get a decent deal on something that looks to be good for us but I am concerned because they dont seem to be an industry standard from what I've found (mind you Im somewhat new to this)

My company Security Partners monitors video from a single platform that integrates 50 different product lines. Through our web portal you could access live camera shots from multiple sources on a single web page. Please contact off line for more info.

... And the software is called???

Is this a home brewed setup or an off the shelf item?

The software is called Immix by Sureview Systems. It is a video monitoring platform created for central station services and remote video monitoring. You would have to get the end user to agree to a video monitoring contract and become a dealer with our company to get the following benefits.

1. PC and mobile phone live view of mulitple sites with different hardware.

2. Remote back up storage of all event driven video.

3. All operator actions logged and recorded (audio talk down included).

4. Review of operator activity through web portal. (cuts down enduser search time)

5. Incident reports auto-emailed.

6. Video clips/snapshots sent by operators to enduser/RP/PD

call me if more info needed 717-481-6379

you could try some commercial level nvr like onssi, milestone, etc. you really have to research this one deep though depending on how many different manufacturers you are using, which models, etc.

Well we are looking for something that also has bells and whistles like remote config, 3g mobile phone viewing, point of sale alarm capabilities. Upgrading 20 stores to one platform would be expensive. Honestly I want to find the best way to do this that will work effectively and (somewhat of a joke in technology) last us for a while without becoming outdated. We can go with IC Realtime and get a decent deal on something that looks to be good for us but I am concerned because they dont seem to be an industry standard from what I've found (mind you Im somewhat new to this)