emholic

Hidden Cameras

great ideas! I'm glad to see some creative concepts here on the forum.

The screw is probly my favorite.

Here are some more.

This is the entrance to our shop. You won't notice here, but there are 2 cameras, one on each side.

122257_1.jpg

On the ceiling to the left side, you won't notice much, but if you were to look with a light, you would see a camera. It is a black camera on black background, so it just hides by itself...

122257_2.jpg

122257_3.jpg

On the right side, we have another pinhole camera. This one has been painted white, and it is half buried on the door/window frame.

122257_4.jpg

Here you have 2 power plugs. But, when looking closely, you can notice that one of them is actually a hidden camera...

122257_5.jpg

122257_6.jpg

Finally, a book.

122257_7.jpg

This one has inside a 640x480@25fps small recorder. The lens is on the side of the book, it records video on a micro SD memory card.

122257_8.jpg

122257_9.jpg

122257_10.jpg

Have you ever done video over power such as clock radios, and air fresheners, and other devices where you pull the video from the power line?

Have you ever done video over power such as clock radios, and air fresheners, and other devices where you pull the video from the power line?

Nope, never. I am quite new on the CCTV world, fast learner, but I still have a very long way to go...

Are these rated for outdoor use? If not can you recommend one that is? I would like to mount one in a hollow fence post and it will have a cap on it.

It is not really rated for outdoor use, but I have used some other models like this one outdoors. But I would say I am the one that ends up making it "outdoors" and "weatherproof", since the camera basically ends up surrounded by glue/silicone, with the only thing sticking out being the pinhole lens, you just have to make sure it is in a position/angle where it can not be affected by rain and snow.

I use a "hot melt glue gun" and "silicone gun". Sorry about my wordings, because I do not know most of the tool names in english, in spanish it is "cola termofusible" and "silicona", something like the following:

122301_1.jpg

122301_2.jpg

Me encanta el sellante de silicona!!

Silicone sealant is your friend!

You can make your own fence post camera!

Scroll to the bottom of this webpage. The wood cutting is exaggerated for better view. The router would only cut enough for the actual cable to go out the bottom.

http://scorpiontheater.com/cvr.aspx

I use the cameras that wait for the electrical line to go to zero, then it sends out a video signal.

You can set up covert video recording in seconds by plugging in "normal" devices, and pull the video elsewhere for recording. The "receiver" plugs in to the electrical line, and pulls composite. You have to be on the same branch circuit, or you have to place a device in the panel that allows commmunication to go from one branch of 120 volt to the other branch of 120 volt.

You can hide box cameras with zoom lenses in walls by using a mirror. Check your camera position so the video is not upside down. You can place a hole about the same level as the electrical sockets, and cut a hole at face level, and use a mirror that is made with window mirror tint. The reflector mirror insided mounts to the studs. This eliminates the distance distortion compared to wide angle lenses.

You can power the camera locally also if you have an electrical box nearby.

Scroll to the bottom of this webpage. The wood cutting is exaggerated for better view. The router would only cut enough for the actual cable to go out the bottom.

I haven't done it myself, but I have even seen one of this cameras inserted on a tree. They cut part of the outside of the tree to make the wiring and insert the pinhole camera, and once everything is up and running then tie in place the piece of the tree you removed. The tree will "heal" itself and keep growing as usual, and eventually you won't even be able to see that a piece of the tree was previously removed.

I might have to do one of this shortly, if I do I will take some pics

I what to put it in a fence like this. The post has a cap on top so I don't have to worry about water coming in except for the hole for the lens and condensation.

122323_1.jpg

I assume the post is hollow?

You can drill a small hole near the top, and silicone a camera to the inside of the post. you can drop the wire down the post, and you can dig out from under the post to pull out the wire?

I haven't done it myself, but I have even seen one of this cameras inserted on a tree. They cut part of the outside of the tree to make the wiring and insert the pinhole camera, and once everything is up and running then tie in place the piece of the tree you removed. The tree will "heal" itself and keep growing as usual, and eventually you won't even be able to see that a piece of the tree was previously removed.

I might have to do one of this shortly, if I do I will take some pics

You can cut off a branch from a similiar tree. You can cut the branch in half. You can hollow it out with a router and you can install the camera a battery pack, and a transmitter.

The base of the branch is where you install a large "eye screw".

http://images.google.com/images?q=large%20eye%20screw&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

You can do a quick in and out by slamming the branch in to a predrilled hole on a tree, and twisting it on, and getting out of dodge!

I what to put it in a fence like this. The post has a cap on top so I don't have to worry about water coming in except for the hole for the lens and condensation.

122323_1.jpg

I assume the post is hollow?

You can drill a small hole near the top, and silicone a camera to the inside of the post. you can drop the wire down the post, and you can dig out from under the post to pull out the wire?

Post is hollow and can get the wire there without a problem..... I would like to use a pin hole camera but I am worried about the thickness of the plastic..... I am assuming I will need to get the lens as flush as possible so I can have the full field of view.

One of the pinhole cams with the conical lens would be best, then use a large drill bit or countersink to taper the inside mounting surface in a cone to match the taper of the nose of the lens, and get it as close to the surface as possible.

If you cannot taper the hole from the inside then drill through the hinge. You can make a larger hole and you will not get the "tunnel" effect like you are looking through a cardboard tube.

The black hinge will help hide the fact that you have a large hole verses a small hole on a white surface.

123701_1.jpg

123701_2.jpg

Used this camera to try to catch who was stealing stuff from my cubicle at work. Caught two of the cleaning crew making out in my chair.

I had forgotten about the setup that you have.

I sure hope the pics

of the crew were of opposite sex!

You might want to wipe off your table top before you start work!

Have you ever caught anyone peeing in your office potted plant?

The office mailboys had better be on red alert!

I had forgotten about the setup that you have.

I sure hope the pics

of the crew were of opposite sex!

You might want to wipe off your table top before you start work!

Have you ever caught anyone peeing in your office potted plant?

The office mailboys had better be on red alert!

Opposite sex, yes. But she sure wasn't no prize, let me tell you.

Hey, I never showed you my dog-arse camera, did I?

My dashcam setup has an interior camera. It used to be mounted openly and aimed at the driver to show what the driver (me) was doing at the time of a crash to help understand what happened. After watching a few bait car videos I figured a hidden camera could serve the additional purpose of filming someone who breaks into / steal the car. SO I went with a wide angle lens installed at the bottom of the A-pillar.

As it is today, the camera is hidden inside a hollowed out Beanie Baby Dog

123712_1.jpg

It's really obvious in this pic because it's reflecting the flash. In real life it's much less noticeable. Some people see it quickly, some don't. Typically, if someone is looking for it they find it. IF they don't expect the camera to be there they don't notice it for a while.

Some people (valet drivers/service techs etc) don't ever see it. One service tech can be seen picking his nose... And eating it... That video will never see the light of day. Imagine me watching this video outside the dealership before I drive home. And then imagine me driving to the nearest supermarket, touching the steering wheel as little as possible almost like it was made of molten metal. "Can you direct me to the aisle where you keep the bleach and lysol, please?"

My dashcam setup has an interior camera. It used to be mounted openly and aimed at the driver to show what the driver (me) was doing at the time of a crash to help understand what happened. After watching a few bait car videos I figured a hidden camera could serve the additional purpose of filming someone who breaks into / steal the car. SO I went with a wide angle lens installed at the bottom of the A-pillar.

As it is today, the camera is hidden inside a hollowed out Beanie Baby Dog

123712_1.jpg

It's really obvious in this pic because it's reflecting the flash. In real life it's much less noticeable. Some people see it quickly, some don't. Typically, if someone is looking for it they find it. IF they don't expect the camera to be there they don't notice it for a while.

Some people (valet drivers/service techs etc) don't ever see it. One service tech can be seen picking his nose... And eating it... That video will never see the light of day. Imagine me watching this video outside the dealership before I drive home. And then imagine me driving to the nearest supermarket, touching the steering wheel as little as possible almost like it was made of molten metal. "Can you direct me to the aisle where you keep the bleach and lysol, please?"

What do you use to record? Is it battery powered or 12DC?

What do you use to record? Is it battery powered or 12DC?

Aver EB1304MOB. Plugs in to the car's battery through a power controller that I built. Motion inside the car will turn the recording on, as will opening a door, opening the trunk or putting the key in the ignition. I also have an override switch I can use to keep the system recording all the time.