duckhere

Viewlog issues 1120 and 1240

I am encountering an issue with versions 8.31 and 8.32. It occurs with both the 1120 and the 1240 cards. The system will record the camera video just fine, however when the locations go into the viewlog to view the video, there are missing blocks of time where the video should be logged. When I use Control Center V2 to view the same log at the same time it shows all of the recorded video. A restart of the Geovision software on the DVR will fill in parts of the gaps, Most of the time several restarts are required to acquire all of the video.

Here's what I've done to troubleshoot:

Uninstalled, rebooted, removed program directories and reinstalled software using the latest available version.

Rebuilt the database.

Made sure we are using the latest drivers from Geovision.

Started from scratch with a brand new install of OS (XP), Geovision software and related programs.

I currently have about 40 of these machines and the only ones having this issue are the ones with the 8.3 version of the software (approx 5 machines). What do you think? My vender has no clue and Geovision and USAVision support don't answer emails, calls or even the online "chat" feature they tout on the website. I've got 65 more locations that will be going on some sort of DVR system and Geovisions support system is really starting to push me away from using them for the new installs.

What i the configuration of your servers? What version XP are you using?

We have 20 something systems installed running 8.31 and 8.32 and haven't experienced any problems, yet. The only changes we've made was using XP Pro instead of Home and boosting memory as was recommended to us.

Yeah what are the PC specs?

8.3 is much much slower then previous versions and needs alot faster hardware.

If you are trying to do this on a Celeron, Atom, or non Intel chipset you may run into problems. Even a P4 3.2ghz is not recommended, it is just that slow. Check harddrives as well, and as mentioned, check memory specs as Geo has always used more memory then anything.

System is:

3.00 Ghz Core 2 Duo

2 GB ram

250 GB OS Drive

3 750 GB Video Drives

XP Pro OS

These are new machines, most running 16 cameras but the one I pulled back to the office only has 10.

My vender called a distributor who called Geovision and got a tech on the line. After about an hour they came up with a place in viewlog to reload the database. This seemed to have worked but its only a workaround for a pretty big issue.

For anyone who may encounter the issue, Under the camera selections drop down is the advanced button (paper and magnafying glass). Select reload database, DVR and read all.

Rob

My first recommendation would be to at least double your RAM. 2GB was fine for earlier versions (8.2 and below) but 8.31 and .32 would put a strain on it. Most of our systems have 8GB but of course they're hybrids or NVR's.

This is a problem that isn't a problem. What we ended up finding is that the locations, when viewing the viewlog with multicam, assumed that the timeline on the right was showing times for all of the camera's. In reality, it is showing the timeline for the selected camera or camera 1 as default. Once the correct camera is selected, the video shows up and all is good.

Keep telling the company, use these things the way they were meant for and quit using them in ways they were never intended or more of these kinds of issues are going to crop up.

My question is about securing the CCTV footage in case of a disaster (from natural causes, arson, vandalism etc). Based on your knowledge and experience what are your recommended practices for ensuring that the CCTV footage stays intact in such scenarios?

Please keep in mind that we are investigating ways to ensure the safety of the CCTV data, rather than step by step technical instructions on the use of Geovision software.

Thanks in any case.....