Mnorman

Arecont 3100

Anyone having video loss problems with this camera and 6480EXP cards, version 7.7 software? I see Aver hasn't pushed an IP camera patch that matches the firware version 64327, in fact they have just left it blank with "--" in the space for damned near a year. I have a 1300 Arecont as well with the same firmware and Aver does state a version they support on that camera, be it a little lower.

My specific problem is the camera will drop video for seemingly no consistent reason. It seems that it is based on the FPS setting and the Quality setting, which I can only set to 11FPS and quality 8, any higher and it drops video. Alternatively, if I drop the FPS to 8 in the Aver detail it won't display video either. It seems to have a sweet spot of sorts, but it also seems to get fed up and drop in the sweet spot as well.

I have mostly relied upon the camera settings and not Aver's detail settings, but they still seem to control certain parts of the video no matter what I do on the camera side.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Call or email Aver. I've found them to be pretty helpful.

Last week I called them and left a voice mail. They called me back 3 various times same day, until I finally could take the call. It was like I owed them money... lol It was actually quite nice to have someone take an interest in my problems...

Unfortunately, Avermedia support was not helpful in the IPcamera patch realm for the Arecont 3100M. All they said is for me to be patient and that their engineers were working on various issues in their software.

For anyone else planning on getting these cameras or that have the cameras, I have had a lot better luck with setting the 3100M camera as a 3130 in the IP camera setup window. Seems to give a sharper picture as well. This is with the IPcamera patch version .057

Best regards

Unfortunately, Avermedia support was not helpful in the IPcamera patch realm for the Arecont 3100M. All they said is for me to be patient and that their engineers were working on various issues in their software.

For anyone else planning on getting these cameras or that have the cameras, I have had a lot better luck with setting the 3100M camera as a 3130 in the IP camera setup window. Seems to give a sharper picture as well. This is with the IPcamera patch version .057

Best regards

Mnorman. are you looking for the ip patch with Arecont 3100 ??? new update 03/18/2010

Tomcctv, I downloaded that one and installed with no hitches. The issue is that since Ipcamera patch .26 to this latest one .57 they pushed out on 3/18/10, the random glitching and camera stream has been getting progressively worse. Only with the 3100M I get the scrambled signal glitch every 20 seconds or so, and then the motion gets triggered and it records for a couple seconds. A couple weeks back the software seemed to error out for that channel right after a watchdog restart. Whatever it was forced video loss for about 6.5 hours. With setting the 3100M to a 3130, all the glitching and random video losses have stopped, so whatever is causing the glitching is definitely in Aver's 3100 .ini file. That all said, it doesn't matter to me what I have to do to get Avermedia to play nice with that camera video stream, as long as I get it to do it.

I have to say though, with it set as a 3130, the picture is sharper as stated earlier and I can also max the FPS out on that channel now. I know 8FPS at 3megapixel is not all that bad, but I really like the 12-15 I get now at that resolution. Now if Aver would fix their digital zooming on recorded video for 3MP and 5MP cameras, I would be in fat city.

Tomcctv, I downloaded that one and installed with no hitches. The issue is that since Ipcamera patch .26 to this latest one .57 they pushed out on 3/18/10, the random glitching and camera stream has been getting progressively worse. Only with the 3100M I get the scrambled signal glitch every 20 seconds or so, and then the motion gets triggered and it records for a couple seconds. A couple weeks back the software seemed to error out for that channel right after a watchdog restart. Whatever it was forced video loss for about 6.5 hours. With setting the 3100M to a 3130, all the glitching and random video losses have stopped, so whatever is causing the glitching is definitely in Aver's 3100 .ini file. That all said, it doesn't matter to me what I have to do to get Avermedia to play nice with that camera video stream, as long as I get it to do it.

I have to say though, with it set as a 3130, the picture is sharper as stated earlier and I can also max the FPS out on that channel now. I know 8FPS at 3megapixel is not all that bad, but I really like the 12-15 I get now at that resolution. Now if Aver would fix their digital zooming on recorded video for 3MP and 5MP cameras, I would be in fat city.

will you allow avermedia ip support access to your dvr via remote to install new patch. and if so you will also need port 5555 port forwarding on your router to do this ?

Unfortunately, that will not be possible. The system is for a State institution on a protected VLAN. I can wait for Avermedia to offer regular downloads for the little things I have mentioned. Now that the Arecont camera isn't glitching, which was the main concern, since it covered a deli area that has a history of burglary, I feel confident that the camera will give usable footage. The digital zooming would just be an added bonus.

But what I don't understand is why digital zooming was able to be done in the 7.3 software on the recorded video from my 3 and 5mp cameras, and now in 7.7 it is not. Like some others, I am considering dropping back down to the 7.3 software in hopes that the zooming will be able to be done once again.