kkassabow

HAWK DSP What is this!

Hi Guys,

We import CCTV products from China.

Last to weeks some some of our supplier anouce CCTV cameras with HAWK-IV DSP.

They assert that HAWK-IV DSP support 3D-DNR, sense up, low illumination and HS-BLC.

If somebody know more about this DSP chip.

Thanks in advance

Last time many companies anounced DSP that allow resolution over 600TVL.

If someone can tell me what is better: MONA LISA of CNB or HAWK of NEXTchip

Thanks in advance

Last time many companies anounced DSP that allow resolution over 600TVL.

If someone can tell me what is better: MONA LISA of CNB or HAWK of NEXTchip

Thanks in advance

Which Hawk? i think the Hawk will reach only 560TVL(COL.)

Monalisa is good however you should buy the product under CNB logo with big quantity.

It really doesnt matter the TVL, just go by the total image pixels, eg. 811x508 for NTSC high res.

The problem is that more companies publish in their price lists resolution like TVL not like pixels.

Also i know that more of them lie about TVL.All is marketing tricks.

I import cameras basic thoroughly from China because now in Bulgarian market all is the price.

Many of Chinese companies start to announce cameras with resolution 600TVL.

Some of them use HAWK DSP of NEXTCHIP some MONA LISA of CNB.

My question is what is the better HAWK or MONA LISA.

Thanks in advance

The actual Total Pixels in the 600TVL are the same, at least the Monalisa is 811x508, I dont know anything about the Hawk; if you go back to a 480TVL camera it is also 811x508, 550TVL, same thing. Some are a little less. But as long as its not 510x492 total effective pixels (low res) then should be close enough. Other things do matter so thats just a general guideline of course, basically I never go by TVL anymore, ofcourse they could lie about the pixels also! I agree some dont even publish the total effective pixels but I stay clear of those cameras. Monalisa has some other features though such as increased backlighting and day night switch as well as lower sensitivity - i have not tested but going by its claims it is similar to exview.Really though unless you do a full test comparison side by side with other well known CCDs and different technologies, or having used those other technologies in the past, such as Exview, it is always going to be difficult just to go by specs alone. I hope to test a monalisa soon to be able to personally verify what looks good on paper and what I have seen on youtube comparison videos of its technology.

On a similar note, I was checking out the Geovision IP cameras and they claim 1.3 megapixel, 1280x1024 pixels, and 700TVL.