Sign in to follow this  
scoutfu

NV5000 - Multiple access question

Hi,

I have been trying to get an answer from Avermedia about this for weeks now, but their online question is bloody useless and have not received a single reply from them yet

I downloaded the Avermedia software to have a look at it, but it required a serial - i assuming that's the card's serial number right?

Anyway what i was wondering is, can you install multiple copies of the software on to say, 2 or 3 pc's using just the one serial?

Cheers

Hi,

I have been trying to get an answer from Avermedia about this for weeks now, but their online question is bloody useless and have not received a single reply from them yet

I downloaded the Avermedia software to have a look at it, but it required a serial - i assuming that's the card's serial number right?

Anyway what i was wondering is, can you install multiple copies of the software on to say, 2 or 3 pc's using just the one serial?

Cheers

no. each card has its own cd key. but you can use avermedias software to do what you need like avers, cms3000 or imatrix or by network.

Hello again,

I have one of theses cards now. I have a CD-Key but neither of the cards has a serial number on them, is that normal?

I have been trying to set it up so that i can view the camera's remotely but i cannot find any instructions for the software, do Avermedia really expect us to figure out how to use it by ourselves? Pretty unbelievable if that is the case

I was just trying connect the http://ddns.avers.com.tw/index.php3 DDNS Server but the CD-Key does not work - works fine to install the software though.

Does anyone know if there are some instructions on how to set remote viewing up? I really dont have a clue with this

OMG ive just found a manual! Why is it on the USA site and not UK one

Hello again,

I have one of theses cards now. I have a CD-Key but neither of the cards has a serial number on them, is that normal?

I have been trying to set it up so that i can view the camera's remotely but i cannot find any instructions for the software, do Avermedia really expect us to figure out how to use it by ourselves? Pretty unbelievable if that is the case

I was just trying connect the http://ddns.avers.com.tw/index.php3 DDNS Server but the CD-Key does not work - works fine to install the software though.

Does anyone know if there are some instructions on how to set remote viewing up? I really dont have a clue with this

OMG ive just found a manual! Why is it on the USA site and not UK one

avermedias ddns site needs your ports to be 5550 and 5555 and 9999. if your ports are not set to this it will reject you.

if you need more help i have just pm you.

Thanks, i think I've got it working a few weeks back..... well i had working until our ISP decided to change our upload speed from 1mb to 96k and for the last 2 weeks i haven't been able to log on remotely. Then i fell out with the ISP's router and threw it across the room.

Since then i have been using a Netgear DG834G. We had an engineer out last week and now finally we have decent download speed and the upload has been restored

Didn't try using the Avermedia DDNS site again, don't really need it. I just log on to our static IP and i gain access that way.