FranciscoNET

Remote Software that is Compatible with Multiple Cards?

Hi,

I am in search of a "Universal Remote Software" that is compatible with Multiple Server DVR Software's Remote Video Transmission.

Here is my scenario:

I have dealt with three different DVR cards with totally three different DVR servers and I would like to have just ONE remote software that can accept videos remotely from all of these remote softwares.

Another scenario that I Have here is that I install a CCTV system to one of our customers, and the later on he tells me that he has another place with an existing system already running GeoVision (that some one else installed 1 1/2 years ago), but on the secondary place I didn't use GeoVision, I used my software (QX-DVR) for the server, now he has to use two remote software, one to view his GeoVision videos and the other to view my software's videos. He wants me to find out if its possible to consolidate his different brand DVR servers into ONE Universal Remote Software that is capable of connecting to his GeoVision DVR server and my QX-DVR Server?

Perhaps can the GeoVision Remote Viewer software itself be able to connect and accept videos from Non-GeoVision system? I see that when I get to the screen to input the IP address, it asks me for the connection port number which is a good sign so far, when I enter my DVR server's IP address with the connection port I dont get "unble to connect" error message, it seems that it may have connected to this non-GeoVision system, but no video from the non-Geovision DVR shows up on the screen.

Thanks.

How about Internet Explorer? If all the machines have web access, just bookmark all three as homepages and set it (at least with IE8) to open each in a separate tab.

How about Internet Explorer? If all the machines have web access, just bookmark all three as homepages and set it (at least with IE8) to open each in a separate tab.

No Soundy, what I mean is a remote client program that allows users to watch all of their cameras simultaneously in one screen from different card brands.

Here is an example:

At my house I have a DVR server based on the QX-2006 software (Uses the Xvid codec), and this software requires a player called "XNetClient" to be able to view its cameras remotely, and this server uses ISP IP address (example only) 2.40.45.88 to broadcast its videos.

At my business I have a DVR server based on the DigiVue software (Uses the Divx Codec), and this software uses a player called "ClientMain" to view the cameras remotely.

Then, I decide to go for a vacation and I take my laptop with me, and if I want to check on my house I have to execute the "XNetClient" for me to be able to do so, and if I want to check on my business I have to execute the "ClientMain" software for me to do so while I have XNetClient" minimized.

The problem with this is that I wont be able to see images from both locations at the same time. If I try your book marks technique from the web browser I would have the same problem as I would have to alternate between two bookmarks to switch places (or be dealing with two different tabs on my browser for this).

I want to know if there is a universal DVR remote software that will allow me to see all of these cameras from my two places simultaneously in one screen. If I have 8 channels at my house and 16 channels at my business, I would like to have 24 channels being displayed on my screen displaying in total all these cameras. That should be a matter of only telling that software the port number of the server, control port #, IP address of each server, etc and it should connect and display video streams from the server regardless which brand and DVR card is being used on the server.

Is this possible with any software out there? I have tried GeoVision's remote application that I was able to download off the web with no success despite of IP addresses and port numbers being set right for the servers, and I have tried like 3 other remote software from other DVR software developers and it looks like if its not connecting to a DVR made by them, it wont work, no matter if I set the port right for a particular server.

Not likely, because the code is different. Webcam code from most DVR manufacturers are typically only supplied as an ActiveX Control and that makes the app heavy the more you add to it. Therefor with lack of being able to write the code needed for lots of diff activeX controls due to one also needing a demo for each DVR to test events and methods, unless it is something one customizes specifically for one or two DVRs only I doubt you will see anything much out there in the way of a multi view multi DVR remote App. Obviously some do it for Alarm Monitoring apps but then it is typically a really basic single view which in that case is like using IE.

That said .. im still looking at the idea and researching it some more.