akelley

LOW LIGHT Mobotix Q24

The IP Academy MxInstaller Monthly newsletter has a small story on the release of a new low light Q24 model (see bottom right page 3 - http://www.theipacademy.com/files/MxinstallerMonthly_March2010.pdf). This model supposedly has a 1.3 MP BW sensor capturing down to .005 lux. No pricing or release date is provided.

The Mobotix site does not mention this model in their product lineup yet or from what I can tell any announcements regarding this. I think the IP Academy is based out of Australia, so perhaps it's not available in the US yet? So, any of you Mobotix dealers out there have any further information on this (pricing, availability)? I'm assuming this model will work with external IR floods?

Thanks

This week is the US National Partner Conference in the US so we should find out more info on the Q24 Night hopefully then.

Thanks for the responses. Since the imager is 1.3MP I would also assume that it's priced a bit lower than the Day version which is 3 MP. I'll be interested to see what info comes out of the US Partnership Conference.

It would be interesting to see if it would be possible to have dual imagers/lenses for Day/Night like the M series, but in the Q form factor.

I just got word that the Q24 Night versions are now available and ready to ship. Same price as the day version at $998 retail MSRP