Voipmodo

New mobotix products, door cameras, M14, and more

I am sitting here live at the MOBOTIX USA partner conference and wanted to share some images of the new products coming out. I have attached a picture of the new Door camera coming out later this year which looks great. Also on the way is a new and improved CamIO module that has a built in 3port poe, and a special 3G USB data stick slot, available sometime 2nd quarter. Coming later this year is a new M14 dual lens to replace the M12. New features will include faster proccessing, better framerates, and will have user replaceable lens options. I personally see this as a great improvement over the M12, as a custom lens configuration now requires a 3-4 week lead time and swapping out a lens can cost ~$300

I will post new details and product information as it arrives. As with all new products, i am sure exact specs may change before release, but the features I have mentioned should stay the same.

photo.thumb.jpg.cbcac385bda02ae845af1ffeb140e5fb.jpg

I am sitting here live at the MOBOTIX USA partner conference and wanted to share some images of the new products coming out. I have attached a picture of the new Door camera coming out later this year which looks great. Also on the way is a new and improved CamIO module that has a built in 3port poe, and a special 3G USB data stick slot, available sometime 2nd quarter. Coming later this year is a new M14 dual lens to replace the M12. New features will include faster proccessing, better framerates, and will have user replaceable lens options. I personally see this as a great improvement over the M12, as a custom lens configuration now requires a 3-4 week lead time and swapping out a lens can cost ~$300

I will post new details and product information as it arrives. As with all new products, i am sure exact specs may change before release, but the features I have mentioned should stay the same.

Any time estimate on the M14 release?

We were told sometime late 3rd quarter at the earliest for the m14. If you have a project I would reccomend using the m12 unless you absolutely need to interchange lens options

Ok, we are finally back from the wonderful Mobotix Partner Conference in Florida and can upload the rest of the photos that I took of the new products that we saw. The New door station has a 180 degree 11mm hemispheric lens, door opener capability, plus is expandable with a number of options including a keypad, light control and other access control options.

Also the T24 model introduces a new SIP phone menu system. I have attached a screenshot as seen on the Grandstream video phone. The interface is very clean, and vastly improves the old phone control menu. With the T24, and a few video phones, you could easily create a full featured single access point system. If they add this new menu control to the rest of the camera models, I can easily see using a video SIP phone as a low cost monitoring solution for a guard shack or remote manager. They would simply be able to dial in via an extension and have full control over the camera and have 2 way audio to boot.

From the way the sales reps were talking it looks like Mobotix is expanding into the access control market and will be having more products upcoming that fits this market as well. The Q24 night version is now available as is the M24 Hemispheric in day, and night being released in about a week.

We saw some engineering drawings of the M14 which is still being developed and it looks very close to the M12 but with a more rounded appearance. The M14 will be using the same chipsets and boards as the rest of the generation of new cameras, have user replaceable lens's and will promise faster frame rates at full resolution.

IMG_0963.jpg.68d0b5c012df7f5457328b5fb169ca26.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg.46246c869d3025d162cd13eb5bb757f9.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg.a4acec501fb7a4f59fff6ec9dd7d2241.jpg

Thanks so much for posting this info! Looks like Mobotix will be releasing some good updates this year.

Even though moving parts is one of Mobotix' major "no no's" in their camera designs, I do wish they would consider having optical zoom and IR cut filters in specific configurations. I understand the issue of the cut filter with regard to MP resolution and low light (at least I think I do), but I think an option to have decent optical zoom could be useful for specific situations.