shabxs

installation queries

please help me. I want to know which is the best way to power 32 cctv cameras which will be running an average distance of 60 m. also which coaxial cable is best for the least attenuation. I am really confused of the power drop as I have not done such a big project before..(around 70 to 80 metre).

Please somebody help me

60m distance isn't very far. I have used even cheap RG-59 on those kinds of short runs with never a problem. What is the longest run? 12VDC or 24VAC or both?

Are you using one power adapter for one camera? Or you are using one power adapter for many cameras?

Normal dome camera require 12Vdc 110mA. Usually, 12Vdc 500mA power adapter is sufficient. For infrared camera, 12Vdc 1A power adapter is recommended.

Measure the voltage and make sure that you still can get approximate 12Vdc at 60m point.

DON'T use individual power adapters with that many cameras, if for no other reason than the logistical nightmare of tangled wires and power bars necessary to support it all.

A single 32-channel regulated 12V power supply with individually fused outputs is recommended... or if you can't find a 32-channel model, a pair of 16s will do.

Something like this:

http://www.altronix.com/index.php?pid=2&model_num=ALTV615DC416UL

DON'T use individual power adapters with that many cameras, if for no other reason than the logistical nightmare of tangled wires and power bars necessary to support it all.

A single 32-channel regulated 12V power supply with individually fused outputs is recommended... or if you can't find a 32-channel model, a pair of 16s will do.

Something like this:

http://www.altronix.com/index.php?pid=2&model_num=ALTV615DC416UL

I agree, that many wall warts will be an ugly mess.... But what about the likelihood (almost certainty) of ground loops with that many DC cameras?

Anybody have a source for an individually isolated output DC power supply?

How about for 8-channel units then?

Or just use dual-voltage cameras, and/or go all 24VAC, and avoid the problem altogether.

Thanks 4 all the suggestions... Really helpful..

I used 4 separate power supply one for a set of 8 cams