zain786x

stumped -- can't remote access system

As far as I can tell, everything should be working, the ports are forwarded by the router and I've gotten a static IP from my ISP. When I try to login from home, it goes to one of those cannot load this page things.. I can access the site from another computer on the same network (probably bc its on the same network) but not sure where to go from here? any suggestions would be appreciated.

zK

As far as I can tell, everything should be working, the ports are forwarded by the router and I've gotten a static IP from my ISP. When I try to login from home, it goes to one of those cannot load this page things.. I can access the site from another computer on the same network (probably bc its on the same network) but not sure where to go from here? any suggestions would be appreciated.

zK

What kind of DVR is it? Is it possible the screen says

"requested URL not on server"?

If yes then it is a sign that you need to change your active x settings.

Tools > internet options > security tab > Custome settings > download unsigned active x controls (change to prompt).

You may have to get out of your browser, and go back in to a browser, and try to connect with the DVR.

Did that work?

Hello RickA!

How is the weather in Kentucky? Snow all gone? Has the rain quit? When will you see sunshine?

Take care!