LittleScoobyMaster

GV600 v3 and Geovision 8.3

I have an older Geovision (GV600 v3) card that has worked great for many years. Is there a *good* reason I can't run Geovision 8.3 on this card?

I really would like to use my GV600 v3 with my iphone using the beta app.

Thanks

And the question is why not?

I paid good money for the hardware, and the current hardware is identical in every way.

Why should I be charged twice for the same hardware?

It makes no sense that I should have to re-purchase the hardware I alread own.

IMO 8.3 is where Geo went downhill. Much Much slower and if you follow the forum, more bugs. Personally I would like to find pre 8.2 cards so I can run 8.12, Geo's best release to date.

Otherwise I have no answer for your question, other then its probably another way to make more money and try to get around some of the piracy.

Otherwise I have no answer for your question, other then its probably another way to make more money and try to get around some of the piracy.

Exactly!!!!

And, the consumer should not have to flip the bill for this, it stinks to high heaven and should not be allowed.

I mean, let's say I fall victim to this Geovision scam, and I go out and re-purchase the same hardware I already own, and then, version 9.x comes out and it only works with another set of hardware revisions of the same card. You can see where I'm going with this. These older cards need to be able to work with the latest version of the software. Period. How Geovision gets away with this is unknown at the moment. I'm digging up more information about this fraud and I'm going to send it to the consumerist to see what they can do about it.

http://consumerist.com/

To be honest ever since 8.3 im starting to move away from them, Im not into the whole "it just keeps getting slower thing" .. same goes for Windows They need to bring out "lite" versions for us that dont need 1 million different features and cant afford 8 core PCs ..!!! actually most clients down here are more interested in plug and play stand alones (less hassle choosing motherboards etc) so been testing alot of those recently.

PS. that doesnt mean I am switching to mac .. just saying is all.

May be the case with 8.3 being slower, but there is always 8.4, 8.5, etc., etc. They have chances to rectify the software and make it right again, and just the fact that I own the card, I should be allowed to use the updates.

Could you imagine if you purchased a regular DVR video card, like an ATI model for instance, and then ATI tried to charge you to re-purchase your video card, every time they released a point revision of the ATI Catalyst control center and device drivers?

Nobody would stand for it.

I think the only reason Geovision is getting away with this crime is because they are a much smaller company and not as well known, so they can employ these very deceptive practices without too many complaints.

Holy double dog moly.

I really need to get this GV card working with 8.3x.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? The way I see it, if Geovision doesn't support their own cards, we are left to use workarounds, etc. I need a workaround that will allow me to use 8.3x with a GV-600 v3 hardware. It must be possible since, this card is identical to the newer revisions (save the dongle checks, etc).

Can someone help me out?

I don't think it's fair I should have to re-purchase this GV-600 just so I can run the latest version of the software\drivers for this card. thanks