Do u have a link for the dvr u got?

I got mine for $6.95 on Amazon

even came with a CD for that price!

is it compatible with w7?

no idea, but in this DVR's case although it views 4 cameras at one time, it will only record 1 camera at a time.

what do you mean load the drivers into w7? The driver and software setup is 1 install. I did set both to run in vista sp2 mode and as an admin. and no luck. when the setup finishes i get "class does not exist. .erroorcode=0x583

The drivers should be in a separate folder on the CD that comes with it. Also set it to XP compatibility not Vista.

is it compatible with w7?

no idea, but in this DVR's case although it views 4 cameras at one time, it will only record 1 camera at a time.

lol I read that before I bought this one... Thats why I chose this even tho it was 4x more expensive. I thought this was better quality... but in the end crap is still crap.

lol I read that before I bought this one... Thats why I chose this even tho it was 4x more expensive. I thought this was better quality... but in the end crap is still crap.

Yep .. the other one i used recently (dont have it anymore) came with some software called SuperDVR or something .. also sucked with like no features .. cost around $50 for it though ..

Yep .. the other one i used recently (dont have it anymore) came with some software called SuperDVR or something .. also sucked with like no features .. cost around $50 for it though ..

THATS THE SOFTWARE IM USING LOL. i like it for motion detection and email alerts... thats all i ask

THATS THE SOFTWARE IM USING LOL. i like it for motion detection and email alerts... thats all i ask

Yeah I had all kinds of issues with that one also which is why I gave up on it. It uses some basic directX video, also directX doesnt work properly in a Virtualized Windows so software like Virtual Box and VMware use custom modified DirectX files and you may get it work if setting their direct 3D option for the virtual machine, but thats only if the drivers work first on the host OS and then on the virtual OS

what do you mean load the drivers into w7? The driver and software setup is 1 install. I did set both to run in vista sp2 mode and as an admin. and no luck. when the setup finishes i get "class does not exist. .erroorcode=0x583

The drivers should be in a separate folder on the CD that comes with it. Also set it to XP compatibility not Vista.

files1JPG-1.jpg

files2JPG-1.jpg

????? i can only run an .exe in compatibility mode.... setup.exe .....

The driver is probably in one of the CAB files, see if you can Extract them?

And people still wonder why I like to use XP

with winrar "The archive is either in unknow format or damaged

LOL

Ok another way to grab it is view hidden folders then goto the user's temp folder, and watch when you run the installer, dont continue with the install though, just let it extract it, then check the last folder created in the temp folder, should be it. You could also use extract from windows to extract the cab but its command line.

LOL

Ok another way to grab it is view hidden folders then goto the user's temp folder, and watch when you run the installer, dont continue with the install though, just let it extract it, then check the last folder created in the temp folder, should be it. You could also use extract from windows to extract the cab but its command line.

WOW! I never new that... cool trick lol. I ran the driver in compatibility for xp and as an admin. it installed.... when it finished i said to run the program the same way, but nothing happed. I just saw the process in the background but nothing came up. I chose compatibility for vista like i did before and got the same class does not exist. .erroorcode=0x583 error.

oh well... at least i learned a few things thanks!

Maybe its Win7 home and Vista is Premium or something?

The basic versions from at least Vista and on were missing alot of things that were even included in XP, but in the premium versions I think it contained those dependencies. The problem is finding out what is missing. You could use a good old program from MS called Depends, can take time though and still might be another issue, but basically go through every file the main EXE depends on, and make sure it is on the system - if not, will need to locate a version of it that would work in Win7, should be able to just copy it from Vista in most cases. When they made the installer for the "SuperDVR" they probably had XP in mind and relied on what is typically installed in XP by default - when Vista came along that messed us right up!

So class does not exist could be looking for an external dependency file which contains the class, or the new updated dependency for Win7 is missing a class that was in either Vista or XP's version of the file. OR the program is just giving an error for some other reason, but if it works in Vista should work in Win7 as far as that goes.

Also maybe just create a new Admin user and try it logged into that account?

Maybe its Win7 home and Vista is Premium or something?

The basic versions from at least Vista and on were missing alot of things that were even included in XP, but in the premium versions I think it contained those dependencies. The problem is finding out what is missing. You could use a good old program from MS called Depends, can take time though and still might be another issue, but basically go through every file the main EXE depends on, and make sure it is on the system - if not, will need to locate a version of it that would work in Win7, should be able to just copy it from Vista in most cases. When they made the installer for the "SuperDVR" they probably had XP in mind and relied on what is typically installed in XP by default - when Vista came along that messed us right up!

So class does not exist could be looking for an external dependency file which contains the class, or the new updated dependency for Win7 is missing a class that was in either Vista or XP's version of the file. OR the program is just giving an error for some other reason, but if it works in Vista should work in Win7 as far as that goes.

Also maybe just create a new Admin user and try it logged into that account?

I had vista home premium and now I am running 7 ultimate. Would vista premium have files that ultimate does not?

I had vista home premium and now I am running 7 ultimate. Would vista premium have files that ultimate does not?

I cant say, but if you can winrar the main EXE (not the setup, the actual cctv exe) then upload it somewhere I can check the dependencies for you and all you would then need to do is a simple system search for the files to see if they exist. Tinyupload.com is one upload site that is simple to use.

I cant say, but if you can winrar the main EXE (not the setup, the actual cctv exe) then upload it somewhere I can check the dependencies for you and all you would then need to do is a simple system search for the files to see if they exist. Tinyupload.com is one upload site that is simple to use.

dependencyJPG-1.jpghttp://brianmollica.info/dependency.JPG

I ran that dependency walker on my w7 on the super dvr program and it says 2 files are missing... should I just copy these 2 over from vista into the same path? would there be other files that are not listed here?

Goto the Program Files, Internet explorer Folder, see if they are there. If so, the copy them to the Windows System32 folder and regsvr32 them both.

If they arent in the IE folder, then copy them from Vista as long as both are 32 bit OS.

Goto the Program Files, Internet explorer Folder, see if they are there. If so, the copy them to the Windows System32 folder and regsvr32 them both.

If they arent in the IE folder, then copy them from Vista as long as both are 32 bit OS.

Both hlwapi.dll and ieframe.dll files ARE in c:\windows\system32. IESHMIS.DLL is not in c:\windows\system32\ but it is in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer. Should I copy it to system 32?

When I compaired it to my vista partition, that file does not even exist...

What do you mean regsvr32 them both?

regsvr32 filename.dll

or use the full path if you are not doing it within the system32 folder.

So copy it to the system32 folder then enter this into the run box (or search on Win7)

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\IESHIMS.DLL

this registers the DLL file on your system and then if the class exists in that DLL, it can now be found and no more error.

Although I have none of those files on my XP installation.

regsvr32 filename.dll

or use the full path if you are not doing it within the system32 folder.

So copy it to the system32 folder then enter this into the run box (or search on Win7)

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\IESHIMS.DLL

this registers the DLL file on your system and then if the class exists in that DLL, it can now be found and no more error.

Although I have none of those files on my XP installation.

I copied it and in the run box did regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\IESHIMS.DLL

and got this error

regsvr32JPG-1.jpg

My problem with viewing the footage over the internet. I've Q-see. I was able to use Internet Explorer on Windows XP machine (Firefox won't work). Now I got Windows 7 machine, and using IE (not 64-bit) I am not able to see the footage. I followed the installing ActiveX, but no luck so far.

My problem with viewing the footage over the internet. I've Q-see. I was able to use Internet Explorer on Windows XP machine (Firefox won't work). Now I got Windows 7 machine, and using IE (not 64-bit) I am not able to see the footage. I followed the installing ActiveX, but no luck so far.

Q-see removed about 6 models from there range in december they will not work on windows 7 they also dont support them.

you may find a firmware fron TVT electronics (the maker)