vtphilk

Indoor Doctor Office Camera - Low Profile

So I have a client who has a 50 person doctor office (6 doctors in the practice). So they have 3 main entry points to there 4500 sqft. They recently had a break in and looking to put some cameras on the entry points. Problem is, two of the entry points are waiting areas for patients. Obviously, they don't want to have some big camera in there that people see easily. So looking for a low profile dome or something that would be easily missed. 10ft ceiling, no outdoor natural light.

Anyone have any recommendations? I don't want to have to go the 'hidden' route since it's not that important to not be seen just need a cameras that the lens thru the ceiling would only be smaller then the hand etc.. The have 9ft drop ceilings so I was thinking of recessing something in the drop ceiling on the entryways.

Debating to go with just IP cameras or analog with a DVR. We have a few onsite servers so I could just run some recording sw to IP cameras but most IP cameras I have seen are fairly large.

Thnx for the tips.

We've recently been using IQEye Alliance-series domes in retail installations, they're fairly low-profile and very clean-looking megapixel domes. Before that, we used IQ511 megapixel box cams in Pelco DF-5 domes for these same retail clients.

Either will work great and should be inconspicuous enough for your purposes.

If you go analog, most any small box cam in the Pelco enclosure should work nicely.

There are lots of other options, of course, but these are a couple I'm familiar with.

Here is one idea:

http://www.eclipsecctv.com/ECL-555_dome_camera.html

ECL555_combo_sstyle.jpg

Though having used them before, the picture is god awful, but they are cheap enough to chuck the camera in the trash and buy a better mini cube camera made by KT&C and put that inside it. The link above is the smallest they have, the following one is nicer looking, but a little bigger (still smaller then most domes though) and if you order the same size camera module then it would be more inconspicuous due to the black plastic assembly: http://www.eclipsecctv.com/ECL-555C_dome_camera.html

The KT&C camera would be very low power consumption also.

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=433

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewforum.php?f=88

Thats the smallest domes I know of, though I am sure there are others just like them as they are mostly OEM from Asia. Like I said though, the image is going to suck in them, want to replace the guts with something better. It only takes seconds to change those out in most cases, and any CCTV tech should be able to handle it.

Oh yeah, there is also CNB though not sure of the size, but they have a high res in what they claim is 68mm, I think that is around 2.6":

http://www.cnbtec.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=102

Other then that, bigger domes and bigger box cameras will get you a better image overall.

If you want a really good picture, check out the Panasonic CP484 box cams.

Actually, if you want a decent low-profile dome cam, check out a Pelco IS90 - small, clean-looking, really good picture, no need to monkey around with replacing the innards.

122581_1.jpg

They come with both a clear bubble and black mask (pictured), and a smoked bubble.

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to discuss with the doctor to get a better idea on budget. I assume, if he is willing to drop ~$700/camera IP would be the way to go since then I only have to wire to a local network drop. However, no drop would need to be more then 40-50 feet homerun back to the central closet.

Anyhow, thanks again. Anyone know a US supplier to IQEye? I have dealer accounts with IC-ealtime and US-ag but all the cameras I have gotten from them are much larger than this purpose.

Thanks again.

So I have a client who has a 50 person doctor office (6 doctors in the practice). So they have 3 main entry points to there 4500 sqft. They recently had a break in and looking to put some cameras on the entry points. Problem is, two of the entry points are waiting areas for patients. Obviously, they don't want to have some big camera in there that people see easily. So looking for a low profile dome or something that would be easily missed. 10ft ceiling, no outdoor natural light.

Anyone have any recommendations? I don't want to have to go the 'hidden' route since it's not that important to not be seen just need a cameras that the lens thru the ceiling would only be smaller then the hand etc.. The have 9ft drop ceilings so I was thinking of recessing something in the drop ceiling on the entryways.

Debating to go with just IP cameras or analog with a DVR. We have a few onsite servers so I could just run some recording sw to IP cameras but most IP cameras I have seen are fairly large.

Thnx for the tips.

How about

http://www.dallmeier-electronic.com/en/products-electronic/cameras/accessories/designcams/picture-gallery.html

Ilkie

Thnx for the tips.

this has a 2 week waiting list the new ip from axis nice and small. AXIS M7001 can deliver two simultaneous video streams, one in H.264 and another in Motion JPEG, at full frame rate in all resolutions up to D1 (720x480 in NTSC, 720x576 in PAL).

The H.264 video compression format drastically reduces bandwidth and storage requirements without compromising image quality. Motion JPEG is supported for increased flexibility. The video encoder also provides video motion detection. AXIS M7001 is powered over Ethernet using the same cable as for data transmission, which simplifies installation.

AXIS M7001 Covert Surveillance Kit

The video encoder can feed power to the small covert camera that is included in the AXIS M7001 Covert Surveillance Kit.

The surveillance kit consists of one AXIS M7001 Video Encoder and one small IP66-rated covert camera.

ph_m7001_cam.jpg