pi-who ..

is it pronounced PIE or PEE ??

and does the 2000 mean it was made in the year 2000??

pi-who ..

is it pronounced PIE or PEE ??

and does the 2000 mean it was made in the year 2000??

I have always pronounced it PEE, and nobody said different. Good question I really don't know about the 2000, it should be called PICO ME for unstablity.

talking bout ME, i just had to format a winxp PC for someone, and reload with ME, it was a 700Mhz with 128MB SDRAM, they had loaded XP Pro on, it was dying it was soo slow .. its now faster than my 2.4Ghz with XP ...

Now, even if it does crash once in a while (though Ive never seen one yet), at least it doesnt take 10 minutes to start up .. (it takes 8 mins as the hard drive is still shot!! LOL) can you hear me now ,,,, click click click crank ... thats the HDD by the way .. they never heard of a Voltage Regulator ...

Man just 128mb ram, took a long while. . Man that clicking I can hear from the Bahamas, sounds like one of my old computers.

Just FYI,

PICO is actually a canadian software that was pirated in China.

The company sent the BETA 1 software, to a chinesse company that was developing their software, so they got a leak, and pico started showing up everywhere.

Just FYI,

PICO is actually a canadian software that was pirated in China.

The company sent the BETA 1 software, to a chinesse company that was developing their software, so they got a leak, and pico started showing up everywhere.

I think the myth is busted now about the PICO software.

that's a Chinesse Knockoff of whatever they where thinking running PICO software, ha! 120fps card, 16 Channels for 150?

YEAH AIGHT~~~!!!

Let me tell you, example

The Geo GV800, 16 channels, 120 fps, goes for over 600-800.

The I-VIEW, for 600.00

A Kodicomm, I believe between the geo and iview.

Now, this are 3 Reputable DVR manufacturers, best product, best service, Stable as a rock, and look at their cost. That's what you need to look at.

LOL

That is what I thought. I even emailed the guy on ebay and here is what he said:

These card are OEM cards they come is an anti static bag. They are not in a retail box. We are a direct distributer for the card so there are no licensing

problems.

Thanks,

eDigital Deals

Quoting marcus L :

> What kind of cards are these? Are they in a retail style box or just in an

> oem bubble wrap or something? Do they come with a license certificate? My

> friend warned me about cards that may not be legal. I need this card for a

> business and I can't get anything that has may have a copyright problem as

> we get inspected and audited on such things.

>

> -Marcus

Nothing wrong with OEM, as long as you know who makes it. I like paying $102 bucks for OEM software. Who needs support from Micro$hit anyway. You might just as well talk to a door handle than talk to Micro$hit

well all I can see so far about how "crappy" these cards are is speculative. No field tested results yet. $35.00 wont buy a case of beer where I live, so if it does indeed turn out to be "crap", I can always relist it on e-bay and spend the proceeds on a 12-pack. On the other hand these dvr cards could turn out to be compareable to the common name brands.

Don't count your chickens till their hatched...and don't ask a Ford salesman what he thinks about your Dodge.

A fellow technician, swears by the 10 dollar 4 channel cards. Minimalistic (?) is how I would describe him.

If yah like words like CRASH and BLUESCREEN .. its all good

hey if they work, they work. Just due to the price though, they will "normally" have less features.

Example being,

-Do they have choices of Wavelet, MPEG4 and MJpEG, or just one of them? -Do they at least do MPEG4 for remote video access?

-Do they have PDA (Pocket PC) Software?

-Can you view the recordings visually (Disk Map/Analysis) on the actual hard disk remotely and see how long they have been recording for?

-Can you download Sections of Recorded Video Remotely by selecting time and dates?

-Do they have full user Remote Control of the PC or just the DVR server Software?

-Do they have multiple configurable user access?

-Do they have unlimited Remote User Connections?

-How well does their User Access work, do you have to set up users for remote access seperate from the DVR Server Access?

-How many cameras can be viewed remotely and locally at one time?

-How many sites can be viewed remotely at one time?

-Can you customise the browser GUI?

-Can you create your own Network Software GUI - is there an ActiveX or SDK?

-Which PTZ brands are supported?

-Does it have Relays?

-Does it have audio recording?

-Does it have remote audio listen in?

-Can you minimize the DVR server Software without it shutting down?

-Does it have CCTV Monitor/TV Output?

-Does it have real time multiplexed outputs (multi view) or just sequencing?

-Lastly - do you need a dongle?

Rory

what.gif

POOR IMAGE QUALITY - can be said also for DVRs recording on low res which is required by most to get high frame rate recording

NO AUTHENTICATION - certainly is

INFLEXIBLE CONFIGURATION - tons of configurations

LOW STORAGE CAPABILITY - compared to HDDs sure, BUT, you can easily get 960 hours with tape

LIMITED SECURITY - high security is analogs biggest pro over digital

LOW INTELLIGENCE - motion detection is a norm with analog cctv.

WaAhhhhhahahhhhhh

What of course you need cameras. Let me tell you that pico is a crap, but if that what you want to invest in so be it. I have had to change so many pico 2000 system out that were selling down here in GA for about 1500 for a whole system. Just be careful and watch what you buy. But remeber if you want to invest a little more $$$ than go with geovision or i-view in my opinon.

this "a little more $$$ for geovision or i-vrew" usualy mean around 10 times more.

all these manufactures and distributors talk about crappy chinese made hardware... IMHO it's nonsence. hardware is pritty mutch the same if not identical. the problem may be only in software.

another argument I saw in there that what you can't make relayable hardware for 10$ or 100$ or whaterver $. actual manufacturing and pard for GV1000 can't cost more thant 100$-150$

everything else is what you pay for name, designe, software & stuff.

anyway. I know my Eanglish isn't very good, but I hope you understood me

P.S. currently I'm still in the market for DVR card (for my own home). I'm trying to make my mind between 120$ WDT-2016 knock off and 35$ pico some of you spoke so low on this forums so, is there anyone who REALLY TRIED any of these cards ? or you just trying to be smart and push your stuff ?

I'm just going to bite my tongue here until I can test it and post the facts. I haven't got it yet, and i'm guessing that the seller has them back ordered, or drop shipping problems. (Strike 1)

oh, and when I said "hmmm do I need cameras too?"...(in an earlier post)...dat wasa jus suppose to be a reary reary funny joke.

oh ohhh .. someone selling the Iview on Ebay .. wazz up!??

Hey, they are selling them at Bahamas pricing

no kidding Rory, sad very sad

It's probably that cctvshack guy...haha

He is the only "businessman" I know that can live off of a 3-5% margin.

Nahh, I still got that site beat, I can offer custom network GUI for clients ..