cwkamms

ATT Netopia Modem/Router Setup For Eyemax DVR With Static IP

Does anybody have any good information or documentation on how to setup and configure a Netopia DSL Modem/Router from ATT.

Here is what i have going on. I have 5 static ip address assigned to me from ATT. I would like to use one static ip address for my eyemax DVR system so our client can see it remotely. I did some research and download the netopia manual to use as a reference. According to the manual i need to us pinholes or imaps. This is were I get confused. If anyone has any advice on how to setup and configure the netopia router so we can see the DVR remotely it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What model Netopia modem/router are you using? Each model has it's differences.

Normally with Netopia, you have to get into expert mode, configure and NAT. Define a new service, tell it what port to use and the protocol. When finished click enable then reboot the router.

It's a netopia 3300 series modem router. I been doing some research it looks like i need to route my static ip address through pinholes or imap. I believe that's the same as port forwarding. so when i try to access the dvr from a remote location using the static ip address it should hit the netopia then forward it to the LAN local ip address 192.168.1.103 and then i should be able to see video remotely.

Sounds like you have the procedure down pat. You didn't need any help at all. One suggestion I'd make is to give your DVR a static LAN IP. Don't let the modem/router's DHCP server assign one.

ya, I manually assigned the dvr a 192.168.1.103. Ill see monday if this all works. I have not been successful yet. Thanks For your help.

Check your manual to ensure you have all the necessary ports forwarded (pinholed) thru your router. If memory serves, Eyemax DVRs need 80 and 9091 thru 9112 for remote view/access.

Sounds all about right, one thing I would add is to use a internal static IP that is not in the scope of the DHCP range, but still in the same subnet (eg. 192.168.1.90, if the DHCP range is 192.168.100-192.168.1.250)

If you find that even after everything you've tried, you still can't get it to talk... I would have your ISP send you just a modem and then you can buy your own router. That's what I had to do with a recent client... They had a Netopia dsl modem/router/hub piece of crap too and I never could get it to work. And yes, I knew what I was doing