mr_larry

Computer performance issues streaming on my network

I have an AverMedia NV6240 system running 9 cameras in my apartment building. The main PC running the cameras is down in a storage closet in my basement. As the building manager, I have a run of Cat-5e about 100 feet long, directly into my apartment and connected to my network so that I can monitor the cameras from time to time.

I used to have a dedicated PC running Remote AP in my apartment to a separate monitor. Recently I updated my main PC to Windows 7 64-bit and began running Remote AP from my main computer with two monitors, one dedicated to the output of the surveillance feed.

When I first start up Remote AP, it uses about 54,000 K in memory, and about 5-6% of the processor's resources. All nine cameras display properly running 4 frames per second. After a few hours, the memory spools up to about 500,000 k in memory and 50-60% of my processor usage. The frames of the nine cameras only update once every few seconds.

I have 4 gigs of RAM and a 2.5 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. My graphics card is an NVidia GeForce 7300 LE that supports two monitors.

Is it possible my RemoteAP program got corrupted when I dragged it over to my new system? I never had the problem before. Is there a better way to stream the cameras on my network? I like the RemoteAP software because I can review events from my apartment. Any help would be appreciated.

My guess would be that it is the software interface with Windows 7 x64. Avermedia right now doesn't like x64 very much, so that is why x86 or 32bit is recommended. The system resources being used looks like a memory leak from the software to me. I don't know of any fix or work around, I think we are all just waiting for more support from Avermedia.

I don't think it is the Windows 7 64 bit system that is causing the problem. I failed to mention that I first migrated the Remote AP program to my computer when it was running 32-bit Windows XP and the same thing happened. That was part of the reason to move to the 64-bit version of Windows 7: I thought It would use the memory better.

Where can I download a fresh copy of of the Remote AP application? Is it bundled with the rest of the software?

I don't think it is the Windows 7 64 bit system that is causing the problem. I failed to mention that I first migrated the Remote AP program to my computer when it was running 32-bit Windows XP and the same thing happened. That was part of the reason to move to the 64-bit version of Windows 7: I thought It would use the memory better.

Where can I download a fresh copy of of the Remote AP application? Is it bundled with the rest of the software?

Hi larry. i have just PM you with the remote ap the avers up to date