bwstein

options for using an NV5000 in home automation

Hello,

I'm attempting to use my NV5000 with my touch screen home automation system. I've got it working in a couple of ways but I'm not really happy with any of them.

The first way that I've got it working is using the remote activeX application. That works but every time the application is brought up or the focus is returned to that screen I'm prompted again with the login dialog (that already has username and password filled out) on which I have to select the connection type. This is really annoying if you're quickly trying to view the cameras. I'm hoping to be able to specify all those values as parameters of the applet?

The other way I've gotten it working is using the mobile interface and taking static images and setting a meta refresh on the page. This too isn't great as the image flashes to white each time it refreshes. Is there a way to get it to stream an mjpg instead of the static image?

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing? I've looked around an awful lot but not been able to find much in the way of documentation.

Thanks

Ben

Hello,

I'm attempting to use my NV5000 with my touch screen home automation system. I've got it working in a couple of ways but I'm not really happy with any of them.

The first way that I've got it working is using the remote activeX application. That works but every time the application is brought up or the focus is returned to that screen I'm prompted again with the login dialog (that already has username and password filled out) on which I have to select the connection type. This is really annoying if you're quickly trying to view the cameras. I'm hoping to be able to specify all those values as parameters of the applet?

The other way I've gotten it working is using the mobile interface and taking static images and setting a meta refresh on the page. This too isn't great as the image flashes to white each time it refreshes. Is there a way to get it to stream an mjpg instead of the static image?

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing? I've looked around an awful lot but not been able to find much in the way of documentation.

Thanks

Ben

remote consol or cms will do what you are looking for. cms will be better as you will also get the alarms up on screen. i.e. doorbell/gates/movement.

I'm guessing CMS is an acronym for something but some googling hasn't done much to clarify that. Any hints?

Thanks

Ben

Hmm... So I think you're referring to AverMedia's CMS. If so I took a look at the manual and am not sure how it would work with what I'm looking for. I'm trying to find a way to either export streaming feeds directly to a browser or hard code the application parameters when I launch the activeX control for the DVR. Can you give me an idea of what you envisioned in CMS?

Thanks again

Ben

no mjpg from them just static images outside of activex.

you can check out some javascript code to get rid of the flash refresh issue though. hint: you want to hold a pic on screen until the 2nd loads into buffer and then just flip. this is different than grabbing one pic at a time and displaying real time as it comes in.

Hello, the only way for you is to use the SDK and modify the html code to put inside you personnal ip login password directly in the code source.

That work , if you can enable the active-x support on you touch panel (what is it ? model ?) that will work in live !! and not in refreshing jpeg file, it will be realy live and fluid.

sorry for my english, i try to explain as better i can.

i put a post in the forum about the SDK for the NV product.

After that just open the .html file stored in a web site or on NAS in your home and be happy " title="Applause" />

Regards

What are your "touchscreens" connected to? Like a kvm/ usb distributor and multiple monitor drops from a central PC somewhere? If so, what OS is this PC running? How do you switch between different tasks like lighting, HVAC, music, cameras? Is there some sort of touch screen GUI that brings up each task?

I think Tom is right... The CMS3000 (free) is a better tool rather than the browser app. But is it compatible with what you're trying to use it on is the question...