Sign in to follow this  
rory

New: Provideo Dome with External IR

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodID=774

Not bad, looks kind of crappy, but specs are great.

Ill highlite the pros:

• Fully adjustable external IR LEDs eliminate internal reflections

• ExView* technology yields 480 lines of resolution @ .03 Lux (0 Lux when IR LEDs

are active)

• True Day/Night function using mechanical IR Cut Filter Technology

• User adjustable Lux settings determine at what light level the camera switches from color to B/W

• Has both normal coaxial video and UTP balun outputs. LEDome works with coaxial or CAT-5E type cables

• Wall & Ceiling mountable – Fully adjustable in all directions

• Front and rear alarm tamper switches

• Dual Voltage – Line locked and V-Phase in the 24 volt AC mode

• 4 to 9 mm auto iris varifocal lens with

mechanical IR filter

• Built-in heaters extend the operating range and eliminate condensation

• Video test terminal for local adjustment of the camera without opening the case

I'm told late June. Apparently they are available in white too, so the look of that one may actually be the dark gray and just a bad picture, but I'm not sure.

Glenn

Im sure you can take the LEDs off, they probably clip on or screw on, if not, a little saw will do a fine job

Rory,

That cam should be an improvement over the bullet cams with the built in ir illuminators. By seperating the illuminators from the cam, you hopefully won't get the reflection of the IR back inside the dome, which causes a cloudy nighttime picture.

If they could only figure out how to make it look better

Actually, I rarely use IR Bullets (or at least we normally disable the IR feature unless its absolutely neccassary) and never use the IR Domes anymore, I just use the Extreme CCTV IR LEDs/Bulbs if they want IR, otherwise, some flood lights or motion lighting ...

Anyway, they even admitted to me that it causes issues and alot of their customers tend to disable the IR.... I tought I was the only one

kaysadeya,

My datacom distributor just started carrying the Speco line. I sent him a request for quote. I'll let you know how that goes...

its a gamble though ...

why is their retail 1/2 the price of all others dealer prices ..?

but then, add $150 shipping to the Bahamas ... not worth my chancing it .. warranty would be a pain .. or should I say, cost me tripple in the long run .. unless they sell them in Miami ..

Also, where do you see it says it has an IR Cut Filter??

Dude, I live in the same state as these guys, so NBFD, except having to pay CA SALES TAX!!! .

Regarding the cut filter, read:

"TRUE DAY NIGHT (TDN) Function using Solenoid TDN Mechanism exists only at Ambush. OLPF filter and Glass can be switched upon certain level of light without any other influence."

One “suspicionâ€

but it doesnt actually say IR Cut Filter which is known in the industry. I never believe what I read anymore from manufacturers/reps anyway ..