kaysadeya

Review of Kodicom KSR516

Hi Daryl,

Sorry to hear about your experience with Kodicom. You are correct with regards to the flash memory. If you replace it, you should be good. Let me know if I can help. I know you’re not in the USA, but we’ll do what we can.

We had sent it to the local kodicom distributor (we were last time, but stop since they wasn't interested to coporate to take legal action against pirated kodicom card user/seller). They wasn't able to assist, and informed have to send back to korea for repair, i.e. huge shipping cost with no promise of repair.

Anyway, anyone has a ghost image the flash memory ? we could get the ide transflash mem to replace it if we have the image of the firmware.

My serial number is 516S06E22013E. Please do help me i have this DVR and it is a great product. It was running at my branch office for last many months. Now I am having problem in it that its OS does not respond when i switch it off it never boots the software correctly. It displays the cams but the any operation does not start like recording or any other. When i used to start it, it used to give a message "PROCESSING" After 60 seconds or so and after thaT THE dvr STARTS ITS NORMAL FUNCTIONALITY BUT now that Processing message never appears and it only displays the cams without any function.

Please do tell me the remedy as i found your web site very helpfull and informative.

I'm happy to report, that my DVR is still chugging along like a champ.

For a complex device that serves non-stop for YEARS, I have to say I'm impressed!

Hi there,

I am facing a problem with my DVR KSR516 Kodicom after replacing the power supply and i switched ON there is no monitor display and it seems like the DVR is not booting up.

Can you please help me what I need to do.

Many thanks,

Jomz