thazy2

Best pic for $200?

Hello all....

One of my business DVR cam went dead. I'm looking for something w/ excellent image. The dead unit was so so. Would you u guys recommend?

need: 12v w/ vari focal. IR is nice but not a necessity.

thanks.........

You don't get a whole lot for $200 anymore, the Security Market is definitely a "get what you pay for market".

For that price range, I would look at the GE TruVision IR Series cameras. They make a bullet and vandal dome style IR camera in a standard resolution and for a few dollars more, you could bump up to the Mid resolution which will outperform the standard resolution by 2-3 times.

I would check with local online distrubuters on this board or better yet, see if somebody in your area stocks it and support us local guys! Plus, the camera comes with a 2-Year manufacturer warranty and its always nice to buy local and get the local support if you ever need it.

Here is a link to the GE TruVision Camera Line: http://tinyurl.com/ybkwpgu

You can get a good quality camera at that price if IR is not a necessity and can live with very low light this camera will work for you as it is

CNB VBM-24VF

1/3" Super HAD CCD II

- Ultra High Resolution : 600 TV Lines

(BW 650TV Lines)

- Built-in DC Iris Vari-focal Lens(f=2.8~10.5mm)

- TDN(ICR)

- Min. Illumination : 0.01Lux (B/W)

- OSD, Auto White Balance

- AGC, SBLC, Flickerless

- Motion Detection, Privacy Zone, Mirror Function

- 3-Axis Movement for Free Lens Rotation

- 100m Dome Size

- Vandal-Resistant Dome Housing

- 24VAC/12VDC Dual Voltage

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/product/product.php?seqx_prod=1077

You don't get a whole lot for $200 anymore, the Security Market is definitely a "get what you pay for market".

For that price range, I would look at the GE TruVision IR Series cameras. They make a bullet and vandal dome style IR camera in a standard resolution and for a few dollars more, you could bump up to the Mid resolution which will outperform the standard resolution by 2-3 times.

I would check with local online distrubuters on this board or better yet, see if somebody in your area stocks it and support us local guys! Plus, the camera comes with a 2-Year manufacturer warranty and its always nice to buy local and get the local support if you ever need it.

Here is a link to the GE TruVision Camera Line: http://tinyurl.com/ybkwpgu

I'd like to politely disagree. I've tested a couple GE's (GE name, not really made by them) cameras... and not so much. Over priced with very little to show for it.

I will agree that CCTV, like anything else, is "you get what you pay for"... HOWEVER $200 can buy a lot of (analog) camera these days. As mentioned, CNB is pumping out some killer stuff that will make you look twice at the price.

Hello all....

One of my business DVR cam went dead. I'm looking for something w/ excellent image. The dead unit was so so. Would you u guys recommend?

need: 12v w/ vari focal. IR is nice but not a necessity.

thanks.........

Indoors or outdoors? Box camera would be best picture, but only if from a reputable name brand. If for outdoors the cost will go up for housing and whether or not it needs to be day night.

If the insides are good. I would like to replace the out door units as well. Two hundred is just a ball park. Im flexible.

What about ip mega pix cams. There are so many. I dont know where to begin. Would that be better for the money shot over looking cashier? IR is preferred for both indoor and out but not necessary.

thank you kindly.......Jason

btw, i am using two of these cards (16ch).

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=132

If the insides are good. I would like to replace the out door units as well. Two hundred is just a ball park. Im flexible.

What about ip mega pix cams. There are so many. I dont know where to begin. Would that be better for the money shot over looking cashier? IR is preferred for both indoor and out but not necessary.

thank you kindly.......Jason

btw, i am using two of these cards (16ch).

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=132

for over the cashier why not use the avermedia ip camera then you have a good pic with sound around $190

Where do people not in the UK buy one from?

bpzle. you need to talk with your avermedia supplier. here in the uk and in france/spain/germany/irland. if you buy any avermedia with the words hybrid then you also get a free ip camera. bpzle pm me the price you pay for a eh dvr.

Where do people not in the UK buy one from?

bpzle. you need to talk with your avermedia supplier. here in the uk and in france/spain/germany/irland. if you buy any avermedia with the words hybrid then you also get a free ip camera. bpzle pm me the price you pay for a eh dvr.

Seems they dont treat us quite as well on this side of the globe

We dont even get the latest and greatest Avermedia ..