sparkz

CnM Secure 4 Channel H.264 DVR

Could some one please confirm if those cameras are IR - night vision cameras?

And what is the range for night vision?

How long are the cables supplied with this kit?

Regards

just some advice......... dont buy that system ............ the cnm dvr is nothing but problems. and when you need to take footage off is just another story.

Could some one please confirm if those cameras are IR - night vision cameras?

And what is the range for night vision?

How long are the cables supplied with this kit?

Regards

IR Range is 10 - 15m

Cables are 18m

ive been silly to buy this stupid dvr, must have installed 10 apps and none worked but going to try the apps suggested in the forum (once i get my powerline adapters cba to disconnect the dvr and then reconnect it to the router which is in the other room)

Got mine from Maplin about 3 months ago and have had no success with it. Cameras working Ok but cannot see files when recorded to USB stick or connected to computer, never mind the internet. Maplin were no help and CnM sent me a codec that did not help. Have a Mac but use a Windows XP partition but still nothing. Could someone post a walkthrough before I go mad?

Thanks.

Got mine from Maplin about 3 months ago and have had no success with it. Cameras working Ok but cannot see files when recorded to USB stick or connected to computer, never mind the internet. Maplin were no help and CnM sent me a codec that did not help. Have a Mac but use a Windows XP partition but still nothing. Could someone post a walkthrough before I go mad?

Thanks.

Hi seanog. you are best having two usb sticks ..........format both on your pc ........ but format 1 as fat and the other as fat32 then back-up on both sticks and see which format plays on your pc.

Thanks Tom, have tried both. Can see the files but it says 'Windows media player does not recognize the format.

Thanks Tom, have tried both. Can see the files but it says 'Windows media player does not recognize the format.

cnm are giving people lots of problems in the uk. no back up what so ever. yet the company is on this forum but never give support. budget systems are good for a home diy kit. but it has to do its job. the sales team at maplins stores will try and get support for you. but they never do its not a budget system ..............its called a suck and see.

You'll need a proprietary player to play the backup files.

You can get all you need here:

http://www.q-see.com/products/security-product.php?ProductId=166

Same product...

Hm, does that go for the firmware too, as there seem to be an update here.

Cheers!

CJ

Difference in firmware would usually be when applying different front panels, so consider the risk of only being able to operate the system with a mouse or remote.

Hello

Right, i've got a new router. i've now got a thomson tg585v8. I can see the port forwarding bit on the router set up, but I'm not sure what I'm meant to be putting in where? Any help?

Still trying to figure out how we get it on the iphone.

Liz

Loop, thanks, that's a good site. Unfortunately I'm still struggling as I don't have much free time, but will persevere. Another point: the screen seems to go blank when it detects motion. Is this normal?

Sean.

Not sure if what I have is the same (mine is a KGuard 4 cam solution) but I was trawling the web for the same busybox version and found this. It didn't answer my question but I thought that I could help answer some of the questions as my box seems OK, it works remotely and the backup files too.

From my experience you can get it to make a sound but it's pretty useless, it just beeps and for my money I don't want it to beep because if someone has broken into my house I don't want any thieves to work out where it is. Mind you I use it for internal motion detection, the lowest sensitivity of motion detection seems too high for external cams (18m cable IP66 cams so can be placed outside apparently with 10m IR night vision).

As for the backup files, these get downloaded to c:\DVR but there is a feature on the ActiveX web interface to convert to AVI which is a button on the Replay tab at the bottom labelled "264 to AVI". This then creates another file that won't work with Windows Media but will work with VLC Player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/). Might not be on your interface thought.

Also the box I got came with Windows Mobile and iPhone apps, the Windows one looks like freeware but can't talk about the iPhone one as I don't have an iPhone.

Like I say perhaps my box different than the ones discussed here, I don't know but it sounds like it's a generic re-branded solution with different cameras. The reason why I got here was because I was looking for a way to disable email alerts remotely in some way. Looked at cracking the protocol from the ActiveX app but it's a little complex. I emailed KGuard and they aren't helping and I'm not surprised so I'm back to an email block via my ISP but unfortunately the box queues up at least 30 minutes of emails so I'll just have to put up with this at the moment.

Hope this helps anyone.

Rich

Hello

Right, i've got a new router. i've now got a thomson tg585v8. I can see the port forwarding bit on the router set up, but I'm not sure what I'm meant to be putting in where? Any help?

Still trying to figure out how we get it on the iphone.

Liz

Hi there

Please find attached some documentation to help you setup your DVR. As every router is different you may need to get in conatct with your service provider or your router manufacturer to help you make these changes.

To get the DVR to work with the iphone. You will need to download 'Meye' To do this you need to go to the apple store. Search for "meye sun" and download the 'Meye' app.

Viewing Images over a Network or the Internet.rar

Mobile_Viewing_for_iPhone_User_Menu.rar

just some advice......... dont buy that system ............ the cnm dvr is nothing but problems. and when you need to take footage off is just another story.

Hi tomcctv

thanks for the advise but too late am afraid

Got the system, installed and got it to work on internet as well but not mobile or dyndnes (logged in eventually to dyndns but no picture)

Great forum though

Many thanks for all the help

I just wish that CnM would release an updated firmeare to fix all those bugs mentioned earlier

I just wish that CnM would release an updated firmeare to fix all those bugs mentioned earlier

I second that, about time too! Throw in a screen saver (activated back on MD) and sound alert on MD!

and sound alert on MD!

That would be great

I thought this is a basic CCTV function

Has anyone managed to get a proper live feedback through dyndns? as all I get is few lines at the top of channel 3 and that's it - no actual video playing.

I also tried symbian & WM6 mobile applications but none worked - any suggestions?

Has anyone managed to get a proper live feedback through dyndns? as all I get is few lines at the top of channel 3 and that's it - no actual video playing.

Working great now but still struggling with mobile application.

Does anyone know the model of hard drive installed in this machine? I'm considering upgrading it to the max allowed of 1.5TB. Thanks.

What I really would like to know is how I do this in Firefox and not having to use the IE plug-in... I can't establish the URL to send for the H.264 stream.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

I am not sure if you are still looking for this but yeah there is a way to get this to work with firefox.

Info from your link for Q-see under Firefox Browser Access

Working here using IE tab in firefox

Still haven't figured how to get the mobile application to work.

I'll answer my own question, as I've just opened it up.

It's a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500Gb, part number ST3500418AS.

Just to mention this is not the same in all machines, but a general rule if you plan to upgrade the hardrive it is best to use Seagate or Hitachi drives.

Please check for security stickers as some resellers of our products WILL VOID THE WARRANTY if it has been opened.

hi im new to forum and cctv over the internet, i have everything working and can view the cameras live feed over the internet, but cannot view the remote playback i keep getting create file failed! does anyone know why this is? main reason i have the system is so i dont have to go to the workshop everytime i want to view the cameras, thanks chris

hi im new to forum and cctv over the internet, i have everything working and can view the cameras live feed over the internet, but cannot view the remote playback i keep getting create file failed! does anyone know why this is? main reason i have the system is so i dont have to go to the workshop everytime i want to view the cameras, thanks chris

Please email us at support@cnmlifestyle.com and we shall give you a contact number to talk you through it.

Hi,

Anybody got CnM 4Channel Blackberry APP + Android App i have lost the CD can't seem to remember the name if possible please upload

or send on shahjahan89@yahoo.com

Many Thanks