sparkz

CnM Secure 4 Channel H.264 DVR

Maplin sells it as Sentient but it is basically a Chinese OEM badged for anyone....... Made by SHENZHEN STREAMING VIDEO TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LIMITED........life expectancy 3 years

Have installed the CMS software from the CD. Using XP

How do I access the DVR from it?

There is no remote software provided on the CD

I have tried using the IP address shown under networks on the DVR, I suspect my BB router is blocking it.

If the IP address is 192.168.1.38

What do I need to do on the router.

Thanks

You need to either set up dynamic sms if you don't have a static up from your internet provider or else use your static up address to access your dvr groin outside your lan.

You will also need to set up your router for port forwarding to allow external access to your dvr

What I would do first is just make sure you can access it locally when on your own WiFi connection then look at configuring remote access.

Thanks. Am a carlow man myself:)

got it to work by using some ideas from a website called portforward dot com

Will try the android fone thing again

Edited by Guest

Small world

Ignore the port forwarding for the minute. Can you access the device from your of connect to the lan ?

Can you ping the up address from your pc ?

Also, did you set that ip address on the DVD yourself or was it dynamic ?

Your reply crossed with my editing of my reply earlier.

What I did was set the port forwarding up on the Router having set a static IP address on the XP computer and the DNS numbers from the ipconfig /all command.

I then set the default IP address and DNS on the DVR to match

I was able to login to the DVR from the XP machine and found an iMac compatible DVR access program which was a surprise as most of my gear is Apple.

As I pen this I can see the cameras on the screen here.

Thanks again

ps, now that I am on the iMac I don't see how the static IP address idea helps as the DNS numbers are given by the ipconfig /all command

Okay,

s I understand it now, you can view the dvr from within your lan.

I thibk, but am a but unsure if you have done this or not, you need to set your dvr with a fixed up address on your lan. Say for example 192.168.100.250 if your range is in that area. Set the dns on your dvr also to the actual router up address.

So for example, your dvr would have the following

Ip address 192.168.100.250

Subnet 255.255.255.0

Dns 192.168.190.1 (your routers up address)

You then set up your router to port forward to the dvr up address, I will take a snapshot of my router settings for this tomorrow.

Once this is done, you need to know the public up address of your router to access the dvr from outside your network

Viewing on my computer/android from my Primus 4 DVR. No Login.

I have recently purchased a static IP from my ISP in order to view the above DVR on my laptop.

The system is up and running it has been for a year or so but I have never managed to view the cameras on the computer.CnM were no help at all and now they appear to have shut down.

At the moment I am setting up locally (i.e. at home with my router) and my progress so far is minimal, a non-starter really.

I have identified and allocated a free IP address for my DVR and input the subnet mask, plus the gateway, Primary and Secondary DNS of my router, unticked the DHCP box for the net card and selected “Adaptive” in the transfer Policy. Hopefully all is fine there - maybe?

On my computer I have put in the url box on my browser the self allocated IP address and it comes up with a login block asking for username and password. I am assuming that this for the DVR? If so, this presents a problem as I login to the dvr using “admin” then I press enter and it logs me in but this does not work on the computer. It obviously wants a password. I have tried putting in “Null” as the awful manual implies but to no avail. I have tried by introducing a new (additional) username and password but again it does not work. Am I using the wrong username and password? The computer recognises the DVR as “Localhost” and the IP address is not rejected but I cannot log in. Can you put me on the correct track? It would be nice to see the DVR images on my computer screens. Moving the computer away from the router cable and local wifi is for another day. First things first!

Don

Have just installed this system and after a few initial issues, have been able to set up and view over my LAN and on my Android phone. The last thing that I am trying to resolve is the email notification.

The mail setting page has the following fields:

SMTP server - smtp.live.com

Port - 25 [smtp.live.com]

Name - ?? [my full email address?]

Password = my email password

Send Point - ??

Receive address1 - the email to send it to??

Any help to complete these fields would be appreciated. At the moment I get no notifications coming through.

Have just installed this system and after a few initial issues, have been able to set up and view over my LAN and on my Android phone. The last thing that I am trying to resolve is the email notification.

The mail setting page has the following fields:

Name - ?? [my full email address?]

Password = my email password

Send Point - ??

Receive address1 - the email to send it to??

Any help to complete these fields would be appreciated. At the moment I get no notifications coming through.

Name - your full email address

Password = your email password

Send Point - (i don't know what is it! leave it empty)

Receive address1 - the email address where to receive the alarm emails

i hope this help you.

This is a post from Aug 2014 which remains unanswered but I note that you have achieved getting your cameras onto your computer and your android device. That is all I hope to achieve. Perhaps you can read the copy of my previous post below and let me know how to get there.

I have recently purchased a static IP from my ISP in order to view the above DVR on my laptop.

The system is up and running it has been for a year or so but I have never managed to view the cameras on the computer.CnM were no help at all and now they appear to have shut down.

At the moment I am setting up locally (i.e. at home with my router) and my progress so far is minimal, a non-starter really.

I have identified and allocated a free IP address for my DVR and input the subnet mask, plus the gateway, Primary and Secondary DNS of my router, unticked the DHCP box for the net card and selected “Adaptive” in the transfer Policy. Hopefully all is fine there - maybe?

On my computer I have put in the url box on my browser the self allocated IP address and it comes up with a login block asking for username and password. I am assuming that this for the DVR? If so, this presents a problem as I login to the dvr using “admin” then I press enter and it logs me in but this does not work on the computer. It obviously wants a password. I have tried putting in “Null” as the awful manual implies but to no avail. I have tried by introducing a new (additional) username and password but again it does not work. Am I using the wrong username and password? The computer recognises the DVR as “Localhost” and the IP address is not rejected but I cannot log in. Can you put me on the correct track? It would be nice to see the DVR images on my computer screens. Moving the computer away from the router cable and local wifi is for another day. First things first!

Hello, I have Cnm dvr with pass active and I forgot the pass...I reset mb with battery procedure now is 01.01.2000 year, I understand can calculate this with some software for master reset, can someone help me with this please? Thanks in advance.

Best regards.