krypt4

Can't view CCTV DVR remotely...

Hi -

I was hoping I could get some help with setting up my Apollo HD DVR to remotely access the CCTV online...

The website I bought the system from charges £50 to guide through the process of setting it up for remote access (they give instructions through the phone) and I'm determined to do so myself without paying. After some googling I found instructions for Apollo DVRs here and followed the instructions. I managed to view the CCTV from my laptop when connected to the network throuhg the supplied software, but when I entered my static IP address into the same software it said 'CCTV not connected' and when I try to access the static IP remotely I get an error saying something like ' Google Chrome could not connect to...'.

Does anyone have any advice that could possibly help me get it working remotely?

Although it has a section of 'networking' in the actual manual I found it quite confusing, so haven't really paid much attention to that. One thing I considered though was that I hadn't forwarded the correct ports and that the ones in the setup guide I used would not apply to my own DVR, but I can't find the ports listed in the user manual?

Any help would really be appreciated

Thank you!

Hi -

I was hoping I could get some help with setting up my Apollo HD DVR to remotely access the CCTV online...

The website I bought the system from charges £50 to guide through the process of setting it up for remote access (they give instructions through the phone) and I'm determined to do so myself without paying. After some googling I found instructions for Apollo DVRs here and followed the instructions. I managed to view the CCTV from my laptop when connected to the network throuhg the supplied software, but when I entered my static IP address into the same software it said 'CCTV not connected' and when I try to access the static IP remotely I get an error saying something like ' Google Chrome could not connect to...'.

Does anyone have any advice that could possibly help me get it working remotely?

Although it has a section of 'networking' in the actual manual I found it quite confusing, so haven't really paid much attention to that. One thing I considered though was that I hadn't forwarded the correct ports and that the ones in the setup guide I used would not apply to my own DVR, but I can't find the ports listed in the user manual?

Thank you!

LJD back up to there old tricks again. £50 for support. can you tell me which router you have.

Hi -

Thank you!

LJD back up to there old tricks again. £50 for support. can you tell me which router you have.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a Thomson 585v7.

sorry i cant find any info to help you port forwarding ports on the thompson router. but you need to portforward 2 ports to the local ip of the dvr. the ports are 37777 and 37778. who is your service provider ??? and were are you.

sorry i cant find any info to help you port forwarding ports on the thompson router. but you need to portforward 2 ports to the local ip of the dvr. the ports are 37777 and 37778. who is your service provider ??? and were are you.

I figured out how to do the port forwarding from portforward.com but I forwarded the ports 37777 and 80, not 37778. Would that be the cause of it not working?

ISP is Plusnet, and I'm in Leicester.

Thanks.

I figured out how to do the port forwarding from portforward.com but I forwarded the ports 37777 and 80, not 37778. Would that be the cause of it not working?

Thanks.

plusnet blocks port 80 can you change this on your dvr to 5555. so portforward 37777 and 37778 and 5555 in your router and you also need to be on another network to check your remote viewing. and you also need to enter your ip as follows.

http://localip:5555 http://externalip:5550

Thanks.

plusnet blocks port 80 can you change this on your dvr to 5555. so portforward 37777 and 37778 and 5555 in your router and you also need to be on another network to check your remote viewing. and you also need to enter your ip as follows.

Thank you very much for your help. I'll give that a go tomorrow and post back

Thanks.

Sorry just to check, should I change the HTTP port from 80 to 5555?

Thanks

http://localip:5555 http://externalip:5555

Thanks

yes change port 80 to 5555 as plusnet blocks 80. hope this helps.

http://localip:5555 http://externalip:5555

Thanks

yes change port 80 to 5555 as plusnet blocks 80. hope this helps.

I've done all that but still getting the same error?

Hi krypt. please start again using the following info.

NETWORKING APOLLO TO PC

BASIC NETWORKING KNOWLEDGE RECOMENDED.

CONNECT DVR TO ROUTER, CONNECT PC TO ROUTER VIA STRAIGHT ETHERNET CONNETION

ROUTER SETUP

PLEASE ENSURE PORTS 37777 AND PORT 80 ARE FORWARDED TO YOUR DVR’S IP ADDRESS PLEASE

CONTACT ROUTERS TECH SUPPORT IF UNFAMILIER WITH ROUTER CONFIGERATIONS OR VISIT

WWW.PORTFORWARDING.COM FOR A BASIC GUIDE

** NB ** IP ADDRESS FOR DVR IS ASSUMING THAT ROUTERS DEFAULT LAN ADDRESS RANGE IS

192.168.1.2 – 192.168.1.254, OTHERWISE ADJUST ACORDINGLY.

TO FIND NETWORK ADRESS PLEASE HAVE A COMPUTER ATTACHED TO THE SAME NETWORK AS THE

DVR AND FOLLOW BELOW

XP - START – RUN – TYPE”CMD” – OK

VISTA – VISTA START ICON – TYPE “CMD” IN SEARCH BAR - OK

TYPE “IPCONFIG”

YOU WILL THEN SEE THE IP ADRESS YOUR ROUTER HAS GIVEN YOUR PC ALSO

THE DEFAULT GATEWAY AND SUBNET MASK.

DVR NETWORK SETUP

MAIN MENU – SETTINGS – NEWTORK

INPUT THE FOLLOWING VALUES

IP ADDRESS – 192.168.1.8 – WITHIN RANG OF NETWORK BUT UNIQUE IP

SUBNET MASK – 255.255.255.0 – SAME AS NETWORK

GATEWAY – 192.168.1.1 – ROUTERS IP ADDRESS

ALL OTHER VALUES SHOULD BE LEFT AT DEFAULT

CLICK SAVE

APPLY THE CONFIG IMMEDIATELY

TO TEST CONNECTION RUNNING VISTA

VISTA START ICON – TYPE “CMD” IN START SEARCH BAR

TYPE “PING 192.168.1.8”

PING STATISTICS SHOULD READ THE FOLLOWING

PACKETS: SENT = 4, RECIEVED = 4, LOST = 0 (0% LOSS)

IF NOT PLEASE REPEAT ALL STEPS, DOUBLE CHECK THAT A STRAIGHT CABLE IS BEING USED

TO TEST CONNECTION RUNNING XP

START – RUN – TYPE “CMD”

TYPE “PING 192.168.1.8”

PING STATISTICS SHOULD READ THE FOLLOWING

PACKETS: SENT = 4, RECIEVED = 4, LOST = 0 (0% LOSS)

SOFTWARE SETUP

PLEASE INSTALL PRO SERVEILLANCE SOFTWARE (INCLUDED ON APOLLO SOFTWARE DISC)

USER NAME – admin

PASSWORD – admin

MANUAL SYNCHRO TIME

“ADD” UNDER ORGANIZATION TAB

“ADD” UNDER DEVICE LIST

IP ADDRESS – 192.168.1.8 DVRS IP ADRESS, (IF LOCAL) OR ISP’S STATIC IP ADDRESS(REMOTE)

PORT NUMBER 37777

USER NAME – THE SAME AS DVR’S USERNAME

PASSWORD – THE SAME AS DVR’S PASSWORD

TOTAL CHANNELS – THE AMOUNT OF BNC CAMERA INPUTS AVAILABLE ON DVR

EXIT AND SAVE

CLICK – CONNECT/DISCONNECT (PLEASE NOTE RED WRITING IN BOTTOM LEFT OF SOFTWARE

WINDOW SAYING EITHER DEVICE CONNECTED OR DEVICE DISCONNECTE – IF CONNECTION CANNOT

BE MADE RESTART PROCESS FROM BEGINING)

YOUR DEVICE NAME WILL NOW APPEAR IN DEVICE LIST

EXPAND LIST – CAMERA NAMES WILL BECOME AVAILABLE

CLICK IN EMPTY CAMERA PREVIEW BOX TO MOVE GREEN BORDER

DOUBLE CLICK CAMERA NAME

VIDEO WILL NOW APPEAR.

FOR FURTHER SOFTWARE INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE SEE APOLLO MANUAL

That's the original guide I used though!

Definitely followed it all rightly!

can you pm me your external ip with passwords (you can change them later)

That's the original guide I used though!

Definitely followed it all rightly!

can you pm me your external ip with passwords (you can change them later)

Done.

Hoping that it was the ISP's basic router that was causing the problem, I've gone and purchased a Netgear DG834G.

I set it up and can access the internet fine via via ethernet and wirelessly. I added in my static IP in the router settings.

I then forwarded the ports 37777, 37778, and 5555 on the router using 'Simple Port Forwarding' software, as I preferred to have it done automatically then manually.However, I'm not sure if the port forwarding is done correctly? The ports are forwarded to 192.168.0.195 and I'm not sure if that is correct?

Anyway, at the moment I still can't connect to the CCTV!

Okay somehow I can now view the CCTV remotely throuhg the software provided by the supplier. I had a play around and managed to get it worked lol.

But... It's not accessible through my browser? I get a very weird screen:

125068_1.jpg

You will need whatever plugin they use. So for example if it is ActiveX then you need to use it in Internet Explorer only, and change the activeX security in IE.