Lous

Checkpoint Multiplexer

I have a checkpoint 16 channel color multiplexer cpk-16cd that does not seem to work, it makes a continual buzzing sound and none of the menus are functions work. If I crack open the case there is a red light that is labeled d17, but I cannot seem to find any technical manuals. It pretty old equipment, but I was hoping maybe someone around here might have some experience with refurbishing that could give some insight.

Just a thought, most of the time multiplexer make a buzz sound when it do not get a video signal or may be not enough power check that you have the right power supply or by switching the power if you have any exact same matching

Power says 12vdc, which is what is being used. I've tried attaching some cables from the switcher that I know that work to the multiplexer and nothing, the power light is clearly on, also ocasionaly when its powered on the zoom button light will be on, but no menus work, etc.. video does work using the bnc in/outs but thats expected. The video out to main monitor, to vcr, and back up etc.. do not work however.

Could be some dust or bad stuck switch try cleaning front panel using dust spray or (WD40 if it’s a mechanical switch “non rubber non membrane”) make sure you turn off the Multiplexer first

are you using multiplexer output to feed to a recorder (VCR) or just to show on TV/Monitor?

I'm not using it at all currently cause it doesn't work. I did get rid of dust but not behind the button panel. Maybe I'll give that a try, I want to use it for video to monitor and for recording. Right now I'm stuck with just a switcher.