soamz

[Newbie] Want to secure my villa with CCTV Cameras

Hi..

Im currently building my new office and residence on the same villa, which is 3 storeyed.

I want to install one camera at my office, one at my garage and one at my entrance and one at my Guest room.

What I need is, it should come with a monitor, no matter, how small the monitor is. Just need both Video and Audio output , so that I can anytime take the data drive and watch them on my PC.

Is that possible ?

I mean, what type of CCTV sets use to come ?

Cameras , Main head player and a monitor. Is there anything else which is needed ?

Where is all the data saved ?

And im mainly looking for cameras, which are wireless, as I dont want to run wires all throughout my bungalow. Is that going to cost more ?

I mean, if Wireless and wired ones differ in prices or what.

Im not looking at any big cost. Just need all of my requirements to meet for a small cost.

And can we switch off the CCTV cameras , anytime we dont need ?

And if im fitting one camera on my garage, then do I need to cover the camera ? I mean, is the rain going to damage the camera ?

Hi..

Im currently building my new office and residence on the same villa, which is 3 storeyed.

I want to install one camera at my office, one at my garage and one at my entrance and one at my Guest room.

What I need is, it should come with a monitor, no matter, how small the monitor is. Just need both Video and Audio output , so that I can anytime take the data drive and watch them on my PC.

Is that possible ?

I mean, what type of CCTV sets use to come ?

Cameras , Main head player and a monitor. Is there anything else which is needed ?

Where is all the data saved

And im mainly looking for cameras, which are wireless, as I dont want to run wires all throughout my bungalow. Is that going to cost more ?

I mean, if Wireless and wired ones differ in prices or what.

Im not looking at any big cost. Just need all of my requirements to meet for a small cost.

And can we switch off the CCTV cameras , anytime we dont need ?

And if im fitting one camera on my garage, then do I need to cover the camera ? I mean, is the rain going to damage the camera ?

Hi soamz. your post started off good till i got to the part wireless. these systems are no good at all. install a system that is going to work. you say you are building your villa. install cables for your cctv system. were are you building your villa ???

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick reply. Ok, well, the villa is done . Its in India. Im from India.

And I was thinking Wireless, since Dad wont allow me to put on more cables or make holes again on the walls for those cables.

So, I was thinking wireless solutions.

But if you are saying, that is not good, then I can go with cables one also.

Now, can you answer all of my questions ? Thanks for your time.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your quick reply. Ok, well, the villa is done . Its in India. Im from India.

And I was thinking Wireless, since Dad wont allow me to put on more cables or make holes again on the walls for those cables.

So, I was thinking wireless solutions.

But if you are saying, that is not good, then I can go with cables one also.

Now, can you answer all of my questions ? Thanks for your time.

you might be better saying what your budget is.

Within 400-450$.

Please answet to all of my above questions, as im a complete newbie and never used those stuff.

Ok, forget pricing.

Just give me all the options, which fits my requirements and are perfect.

Hi,

Wireless for long distance not advisable.

Wired Solution

IP camera system:

Cable type lan cable.

For your room and office -- IP Dome camera

For Garage -- Outdoor weatherproof D/N box type IP camera with suitable lens (2.8 -- 8mm).

In this you don't need a monitor or a DVR, you can just plug in all the cameras to a switch and then connect to your PC. You will get a free software in most of the cases.

Analogue camera:

Cable type: RG6, RG11, RG59

For your room and office -- IP Dome camera

For Garage -- Outdoor weatherproof D/N box type IP camera with suitable lens (2.8 -- 8mm).

Four Channel DVR for recording.

Many latest DVR's support web browser view. In that you can just monitor those cameras from anywhere around the world just by hooking the DVR to the internet with a Public static IP.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

DG

Somewhere between 10-10000 dollars

price cant be simply quoted as it will cost you xxx dollars to do that you want, you need to know what cameras you want to put in, and then find your supplier for them.. and then factor in cabling power supplies etc....

if you want a total final price, find a local dealer and have him do a quote

or you can buy 10 of these.

budget%20camera.jpg

Sweet camera! Where can I get one??

Contact your carpenter

Dont knock cheap cheap cheap cameras this has 560 tweet lines. better than ebay