dannyas

Wavy Picture Need Help

Ok so I bought 4 channel dvr new just a generic so I tested it before and it works fine through IP and Direct connect with a moniter... So ok I went to Frys and bought 300 ft of BNC cable with the power attached and ran camera across my office and put it up tested it before and worked fine... Now that I put it up the pictures wavy... Like waves moving from the bottom too the top... I don't know what the problem would be checked all 300 feet and didn't seem to have any kinks or broken spots... check both connections... the camera is running 12v dc adapter that I plug into the wall that is 1000 mah any ideas

Most of the time it is because of camera not getting sufficient power or cable is not a good quality one.

try with just one camera and see if you find any difference in the picture if yes you need a better power adaptor or one for each camera depending which type you have.

are these camera brand new and what type and make?

check on the camera how much current it need?

how many camera in total you have and is it hooked up with one power adaptor?

I have 4 channel stand alone dvr with only one camera connected with 300 ft of bnc cable with attached power cable... cable is swann... Camera is a 1/3 sonly lens with 48 IR.... Adapter connected only to one camera...

for that lenth i would try putting the power supply at the camera end. if you cant do this i would say up your power supply to 12v 1.5 amp.

If I put to much amps into something will it burn it....?

first try your original power supply at the camera end. and if that does not help then put your new one at the dvr end. you wont cause damage the camera will only pull what it needs. your camera needs 1amp to run but your cable is 300ft so you are getting the amps you need. you will find it easier to get hold of a 3 amp.

Ok guys thanks... So I hooked up the camera direct out there and worked like a charm But know I'm going to get another power supply with more amps... would 3 amps damage it ?

Ok so I just ordered 1.5 Amp 12 volt DC one off ebay should be pretty soon I'll let yall know how it turned out thanks allot guys...

Cameras will only pull what is needed from the Amps. If camera uses 350mA, than will only pull that from a 4 amp power supply. It will only pull more amps if the voltage drops. Ohms Law