racealoot

Remote log in error

Hello guys,

Thank you for any help in advance. I am a administrator for a company and they have installed a eyemax dvr, I believe it is the 9000 version. I have spent much time searching in the forums and have not found any for this issue even though a lot of people are having the same issue.

The issue I am having is that everything works fine in the LAN, I am able to see and log in using the client version 5.1.4.0. As soon as i try connection using the public IP I get a error saying "Login has Failed"

I have all port forwarded to the server and have checked all the other settings i can think of. This client is installed on a vista computer, not sure if that makes a difference. I also have the admin, time checked off, and have all ther other boxes checked.

So it works fine on the LAN, but as soon as use the Public IP i get that error.

Can anyone share some wisdom?

in the other thread, lomak has posted this link

###supe###circui##/Uploaded/products/resources/DVR%20Networking-8.pdf

you might find it helpful.

I have done all these things and still not working. I have checked the settings over and over thinking that I might of left something off but no luck.

LAN works, internet doesn't. Problem should be in router. to debug, you'll need the following,

router external(public) IP, router internal IP, dvr's IP. how do you set the port forward? when you test the public IP from your client, is it behind the router(LAN) or is it from WAN?

Well for testing purposes I forwarded all ports to the dvr server, and I am testing from both inside and outsite the LAN. When I test from inside the LAN I use the external ip address and does not work but when I use the internal ip it works.

Well for testing purposes I forwarded all ports to the dvr server, and I am testing from both inside and outsite the LAN. When I test from inside the LAN I use the external ip address and does not work but when I use the internal ip it works.

Hi racealoot. what port have you used for the dvr. and do you have a static ip.

ur problem is beyond conceptual. so, u better put out the digits. Exemplary ones will do. the thing is, when testing through internal ips, the router's port forwarding is skipped, and hence not verified.

Thanks again guys for your replies.

Yes I do A static IP on both the server and my ISP. The port I have set up on the server is the default ports from 9091-9112 I believe.

And I have also tried to view the cameras from outside the network using the viewer. So i know for sure that it is not my ISP blocking me.

As said above. You will need to leave the building where the DVR is located, and use a different computer to test the WAN IP address.

It is like drawing a line on the map from your start point to your destination. When you are at the same building and you use the outside IP address then you are not able to draw a line. You are standing on the start finish line and no line can be drawn.

Go to another building, and now you can "draw" a line from there back to where the DVR is located.

OK! Forget my anology!

LOL!

Thanks again guys for your replies.

Yes I do A static IP on both the server and my ISP. The port I have set up on the server is the default ports from 9091-9112 I believe.

And I have also tried to view the cameras from outside the network using the viewer. So i know for sure that it is not my ISP blocking me.

"And I have also tried to view the cameras from outside the network using the viewer."

do you mean it works from outside the network(from WAN)? but not in LAN while using public ip?

it helps if u r more specific on the set ips in all gadgets, i.e. dvr, router, client, conditions.

I just had a similar problem - turned out that the eyemax dvr remote viewer requires access using Internet Explorer and ActiveX installed and allow the unregistered ActiveX plug-in to be downloaded and installed (go to IE Tools/Security/advanced settings). This solved the problem as we were trying to use Firefox, with no ActiveX installed.

I have 2 other problems still unsolved - can't access locally through the local LAN and if the secure DVR network logon is enabled all WAN logons fail and these general events are logged. Very odd.