olc

IP Camera system questions

I need a few clues so I can specify a system to look for a contractor.

For standalone system that will include 8 cameras monitoring parking areas around a building.

I will inlcude things that I think need to be inlcuded along with some questions.

If a statement innot correct, please help me out.

IQinVision IQeye Sentinal cameras. We have 4 existing (nothing else at this point). Can the other 4 cameras be by a different manufacturer?

Cat 5E cable.

PoE switch. What is the longest distance from the switch to the camera?

PC with monitor for real time monitoring?

FTP server?

How to store and how much memory? I would assume they would want enough for over a long weekend or holiday?

I need a few clues so I can specify a system to look for a contractor.

For standalone system that will include 8 cameras monitoring parking areas around a building.

I will inlcude things that I think need to be inlcuded along with some questions.

If a statement innot correct, please help me out.

IQinVision IQeye Sentinal cameras. We have 4 existing (nothing else at this point). Can the other 4 cameras be by a different manufacturer?

Sure. There can be lots of manufacturers. Open platform NVR software is required though...
Cat 5E cable.

Yup

PoE switch. What is the longest distance from the switch to the camera?

330 feet, but that's pushing it. You can get more with extenders

PC with monitor for real time monitoring?

what? of course

FTP server?
yup

How to store and how much memory? I would assume they would want enough for over a long weekend or holiday?

ohhh... well that depends. resolution, compression, fps....

how'd you swing this job anyway????

There is one camera that will be more than 330 feet. If we locate the switch where we want it will be about 440 feet. An alternate location may reduce the distance to 340 or so. Is the extender a big deal? To add to the issue the distance in mostly though unconditioned space (a unheated garage).

There is one camera that will be more than 330 feet. If we locate the switch where we want it will be about 440 feet. An alternate location may reduce the distance to 340 or so. Is the extender a big deal? To add to the issue the distance in mostly though unconditioned space (a unheated garage).

I might be able to help you with distance if you want to run coax

Have adapters ( network over coax) up to 300 m and up to 100 mbps

about 50-60 % less then Veracity

For a repeater (if that is what Veracity offers) or other equipment (to get ethernet over coax) - I am in an unheated garage. I do not know if it will always be above -10C much less freezing.

How about a analog camera? How far can an analog camera be from a video server.

Then I will have another set of software? How bad is that?

If two sets is not bad, are there manufacturers that make both IP cameras and video servers that use the same software?

For a repeater (if that is what Veracity offers) or other equipment (to get ethernet over coax) - I am in an unheated garage. I do not know if it will always be above -10C much less freezing.

How about a analog camera? How far can an analog camera be from a video server.

Then I will have another set of software? How bad is that?

If two sets is not bad, are there manufacturers that make both IP cameras and video servers that use the same software?

Hi,

You can use analogue camera with coaxial cable and the carrying distance will be very good.

You have to go for a DVR or else you have to use a encoder for converting that into IP. Then you can hook this into your existing server.

Distance between cameras and DVR/server -- It depends upon the cable you are using.

RG59 more than 750 feets.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

DG