bpzle

Wonwoo CCTV???

One of my suppliers mentioned they carried Wonwoo as their equivilant to CNB. Hilarious name) but anyone ever heard of them or used their stuff? Name sounds like ebay crap...

One of my suppliers mentioned they carried Wonwoo as their equivilant to CNB. Hilarious name) but anyone ever heard of them or used their stuff? Name sounds like ebay crap...

I have one of there rugged Ptz's on my desk. All metal housing and overall a nice camera. We are looking at it to mount on vehicles.

Edited by Guest

Absolutely my favorite analog cameras. Very well built with excellent low light capability. Whenever a customer can afford one, I recommend them without hesitation.

Wonwoo is famous of the manufacturer for housing in Korea. a lot of Korean manufacturers like to use its housing. they do not have own Dsp but they have shown good cameras.

I agree completely about their great housings, but with one issue: on their armor domes you must use four small, o-ring screws to secure the camera housing to the base. Those things are an absolute PITA to keep hold of when you're mounting the camera to a wall. Last winter I must have dropped 5-6 of them while doing a seven camera install. Fortunately, I was able to pick up replacements, but it is none the less my only problem with the camera. The weather being -14c at the time of installation may have also played a part in having so many drops....

Tell your supplier they are full of crap and they should perhaps go back to baking cakes.

Wonwoo is hardly an equivilant to CNB.

CNB have IR Bullets which Wonwoo do not.

CNB have an amazing line of various Dome cameras which Wonwoo do not come close to.

And from what it sounds like CNB is also less expensive.

I am not saying Wonwoo do not have good products, but it is not a CNB equivalent.

Additionally Wonwoo has the Rapport CCTV tester!!

And the few vandal domes they do have, claim IP67 waterproof while CNBs claim IP66.

So tell them go get you some CNB and stop playing!!

And the few vandal domes they do have, claim IP67 waterproof while CNBs claim IP66.

And IP67 is a bad thing?

I respectfully disagree with your, Rory. The build quality of the latest Wonwoo vs the latest CNB camera sells Wonwoo to me. Picture quality between the two is close (I do slightly prefer the picture quality of the Wonwoo over the latest CNB after checking out both), but the way everything is put together on the Wonwoo justifies the minor price difference, which is important when you have customers 500 miles in every direction.

And IP67 is a bad thing?

I respectfully disagree with your, Rory. The build quality of the latest Wonwoo vs the latest CNB camera sells Wonwoo to me. Picture quality between the two is close (I do slightly prefer the picture quality of the Wonwoo over the latest CNB after checking out both), but the way everything is put together on the Wonwoo justifies the minor price difference, which is important when you have customers 500 miles in every direction.

No it is not a bad thing, thats why I was pointing it out!

What are you disagreeing with exactly, that CNB makes IR Bullets and Wonwoo does not?

That CNB has a HUGE line of domes of every type, and Wonwoo does not?

My point was that any distributor worth talking to should know that Wonwoo is not a replacement for CNB.

Please help me understand, thanks

Again with the semantics war...

My supplier didn't say those exact words. Something like, "well if you like CNB domes, you need to check out our WonWoo line. They're a little more expensive but a much better camera."

I've already installed a few. I wouldn't disagree with that.

My supplier didn't say those exact words. Something like, "well if you like CNB domes, you need to check out our WonWoo line. They're a little more expensive but a much better camera."

Well sounds like they still dont have a clue about CNB, there are many types of CNB domes.

Im sure for example, Wonwoo does not have an "eclipse" dome.

Sorry, but Im just fed up with the stupid suppliers in this industry that dont know crap about anything, so I will call it like it is when I see it.

Well here is my .02

I like the new CBC domes but when I found websites selling the cameras to the public cheaper then I can by them though my suppliers I now have no interest in CBC. I will not sell any products that the manufacture lets online resellers sell the product below MSRP. I have a Wonwoo rugged PTZ camera and it is a very nice product and something I can make money on.

I just googled Wonwoo and found a vandal dome online for what seems to be well below retail, in fact the price is around the same as CNB.

Well here is my .02

I like the new CBC domes but when I found websites selling the cameras to the public cheaper then I can by them though my suppliers I now have no interest in CBC. I will not sell any products that the manufacture lets online resellers sell the product below MSRP. I have a Wonwoo rugged PTZ camera and it is a very nice product and something I can make money on.

+1

That's my biggest beef with CNB. It's BS.

Check out my below email I sent over to Jessica at CNB when I inquired about buying directly, as I like their products since online stores are selling cheaper than I can get them. Funny, I never got a reply back.

Jessica,

I love your products and would love to be able to offer them. I think they’re a great value. HOWEVER, I have not been successful marking them up for resell like I have other brands. I’ve lost many sales because potential clients Google search CNB model numbers only to find them cheaper than my COST. I am forced to not sell your products. I can’t compete using my normal suppliers.

Again, I love your products and would love to be able to resell them but you guys have GOT to get a hold on these internet prices… You need to come up with an agreement that won’t allow internet stores to sell directly to the public at dealer cost. You guys need to get it together and do something to help dealers and integrators out… You’re driving the price of your own products down so low that it’s killing all of us. Help us help you.

Until then, we’ll have to look more towards brands such as Wonwoo…

Edited by Guest

Well sounds like they still dont have a clue about CNB, there are many types of CNB domes.

Im sure for example, Wonwoo does not have an "eclipse" dome.

Sorry, but Im just fed up with the stupid suppliers in this industry that dont know crap about anything, so I will call it like it is when I see it.

Obviously, he wasn't referring to CNB's entire line. I think it's pretty crappy how you continue to judge people you've never met and don't even know the names of.

Obviously, he wasn't referring to CNB's entire line. I think it's pretty crappy how you continue to judge people you've never met and don't even know the names of.

Going by what you posted, I took it that they were talking about their entire line of DOMES, which is what I replied about. Ive dealt with enough suppliers to know how most of them they go, in most cases this is just a job to them, selling CCTV today, Working at MacDonalds tomorrow. Additionally your account of what they said does not help their case. But like you said, I dont know them therefor it cannot be personal. Really, it doesnt even matter. Ofcourse to sell something a supplier will tell you it is better then something else (whether it is or not), they all do that.

That said, I might try a Wonwoo now.

ps. LOL @ pretty crappy

And IP67 is a bad thing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a lot of discussing.

I am located close geographically to Wonwoo and CNB. i want add some as far as i know.

the marketing target of Wonwoo and CNB is different.

Wonwoo started business as a housing maker and now no one disagreed to say the NO. 1 housing maker is Wonwoo in Korea now. the housings, a rugged camera, and a rapport are famous. they also develop for Samsung CCTV. Everyone says Wonwoo has really a good dome as "goodome" is their tradmarked. the main business will be housings and then camera.

CNB has full line up in cameras and components except CCD. they have own dsp(Monalisa, Blue-i), housings and etc. they are focusing on selling a camera with our brand not a housing. it dose not mean they housing is less qualified but i may say the housing can be less important than the dsp (Monalisa etc) for them. CNB will drive brand sales more and more so the reseller will has less profit. in 2010, CNB sales amount will meet 1 billion$.

the picture quality for the latest box cameras now, Wonwoo is using XDI (LG) Dsp with Sony CCD and CNB is using its own dsp (Monalisa and Blue-i) with Sony CCD. some says update Monalisa (i also have seen it in Tokyo security show in this March) shows better quality than XDL. i think Wonwoo should hire Samsung DSP even i could understand the reason of their hesitation.

So I installed one of their WDR cameras and.... not so much. The FOV was inside a well lit warehouse with a couple garage doors opened to the outside. Extreme amount of of wash... Really not what I was expecting at all. I thought I had screwed up the settings or something and got a hold of WonWoo tech support. Everything was set right and they just gave a BS explanation for why it was a crappy picture.

Have you tried CNB's WDR yet?

Also looks like they have a new model coming out with WDR and Eclipse in one.

No, I haven't. It's not very often where I have no choice but to use WDR. Normally I like to turn cameras away from bright things.

Granted it was a tough scene... but literally nothing I did made anything outside visible. I would barley even classify this camera as having BLC, much less WDR.

Granted it was a tough scene... but literally nothing I did made anything outside visible. I would barley even classify this camera as having BLC, much less WDR.

First off, sorry to Rory for not replying to his questions. I have been insanely busy with work and just have not had the time or energy to pop in here for more than a few seconds lately.

Secondly, here is a Wonwoo with WDR in action and off:

http://www.youtube.com/user/medgell72#p/a/u/1/ImsspSMpwfc

http://www.youtube.com/user/medgell72#p/a/u/0/fOrXRH5JJk0

The video quality is not the best, as I used my portable, hand held, mini DVR to record this video, but I would appreciate it if bpzle can point out in the "WDR ON" video what it is that he was expecting the WDR function to do aside from what is displayed here. Just curious.

BTW: Yours truly is the model in both videos. If you would like me to star in your company's promotional videos, I will need a trailer (air conditioned, smoking allowed and with wet bar of course), airfare (first class, with a very "liberal" staff on board), plus payment for each day I am on location. I can either wear my khaki shirt with or without the two packs of smokes in the front pockets.

There were 3 garage doors that took up roughly 30 percent of the scene. The rest of the scene was inside a well lit warehouse. I expected the WDR feature to reduce the amount of wash coming in from the outside. I expected to be able to see outside a few feet as well inside. And I also expected to see more than just sillouetes of subjects entering from outside. The "tech" for Wonwoo had to hook one up the same models up in his office to walk me through the settings. I could tell he didn't have much real world experience with this model and that he too was disapointed with the results. Although he didn't say that, I could hear him struggling to make it better and uncomfortable that he had to defend his company's product. Maybe he recomended crappy settings due to inexperience?? But I don't know... I'm no stranger to cameras... I'm pretty confident it was as good as it's going to get.