essence25

major exacqVision incompatibility with latest Nvidia drivers

Hello all IP video lovers,

I have found a major issue in nvidia drivers and exacqVision client that applies to all of the few latest Nvidia drivers and XP based kernel (Windows Server 2003/R2, Windows XP).

When the VMS client is running and in focus(not minimized) and while displaying multiple video panes the system will use 30%+ cpu in KERNEL mode where it should use none or 1%'ish. This drain is in addition to the regular cpu usage in USER mode. (high DPC usage?)

The video panes are also choppy and live video suffers severe frame rate drops and lag, not related to IP cameras pumping frames etc, basically the exacqVision client is useless and does not work properly with these drivers.

This problem was introduced with Nvidia 32bit XP driver 196.21 and every subsequent driver up the current 197.45.

Last driver that I found working fine with the exacqVision client(this applies to all clients up to the current one v4.0.11.20210) is "Nvidia driver 195.62 WHQL".

Systems tested...

Boards: Gigabyte / Supermicro

Chipset: P35 / X38

CPU: E8400 / Q9550

RAM: 4GB / 8GB

VIDEO Cards: Nvidia 285GTX / 9800GT

CPU Monitoring Software: Iarsn TaskInfo 2010

VMS: exacqVision latest + older releases

And most likely this occurs on other machines as long one of the mentioned drivers is used and video acceleration is enabled in the VMS client.

Hopefully someone can confirm this on an XP or 2003 machine and nvidia video hardware.

To make this issue go away, one needs to install Nvidia 195.62 WHQL.

Hope someone confirms this...

Thank you!

Essence25, I sent you a PM. Give me a call so I can see if I can help you out with this. This is not a typical situation, and I have a system with a Nvidia 250GTS with 196.21, and it does having this problem.