rfidkaiser

What is Private zone?

Hi Everbody,

The following is a description of American Dynamics mini dome camera and in that there is a term called private zone, does that mean the zone masking feature?

Motion detection feature will detect the motion in the cameras focus areas and start the recording, then why we need 4 motion detections? Will that really help?

What OSD means and what it is for?

How effective is that zone masking in a CCTV system?

1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD, 550TVL, 0.3Lux(color), C/CS, Video/DC drive, BLC, AGC, AWB, OSD, 4 Motion Detection, 6 private zone, DC12V

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everbody,

The following is a description of American Dynamics mini dome camera and in that there is a term called private zone, does that mean the zone masking feature?

I don't know about this camera specifically, but generally, this feature means the camera will blank out the defined area of the picture.

Motion detection feature will detect the motion in the cameras focus areas and start the recording, then why we need 4 motion detections? Will that really help?

Without knowledge of the specific camera (you didn't provide a model number), it's hard to say exactly, but some have a relay output that can trigger a recorder when the camera detects motion. Do you mean this camera has four different motion-detect zones? Often this is done with each zone capable of having different sensitivity settings... so, for example, if you had a camera watching a parking lot and sidewalk, and you didn't want it to trigger on a person walking though the parking lot, you could set a lower sensitivity on that area.

What OSD means and what it is for?

Stands for "On Screen Display" - it means the camera's settings are shown over the video so you can configure it through the on-screen menus... usually, this is instead of a bunch of DIP switches.

How effective is that zone masking in a CCTV system?

Depends on your specific setup and how you're using it.

My experience with PTZs are limited... however I believe the privacy zones on a PTZ are not masked, but just preset areas that can't be zoomed in on. An application would be an ATC camera with a hotel with lots of windows near by.

ATC can see what they need to, but not what they want to.

That's different than a privacy mask where the image is actually blacked out in certain parts. Like the a guy's face on COPs that wouldn't sign the waver.

OSD means on screen display. This is a graphic menu system on the camera that allows for advanced feature access and programming.

My experience with PTZs are limited... however I believe the privacy zones on a PTZ are not masked, but just preset areas that can't be zoomed in on. An application would be an ATC camera with a hotel with lots of windows near by.

ATC can see what they need to, but not what they want to.

That's different than a privacy mask where the image is actually blacked out in certain parts. Like the a guy's face on COPs that wouldn't sign the waver.

OSD means on screen display. This is a graphic menu system on the camera that allows for advanced feature access and programming.

Hi,

Please find the specifications.

American Dynamics; ADCC560NW; 1/3" Sony Vertical Double Density Interline CCD, 560TVL, 0.3Lux(color)C/CS, Video/DC drive, WDR, DSS, OSD, 16x D. Zoom, 4 Motion Detection, 4 private zone, AC24V/DC12V