simo923

Take the risk to upgrade to latest Geovision?

Hi guys. I thought i would ask everyones advice who has already run the latest Geovision release.

I am running several GV 2008 cards with Lilin 7622 PTZs. Ok, the video quality isnt the best, and there is a bit of lag in the PTZ, but apart from that its fairly reliable. This is running 8.2. There are several control centres viewing the 64 cameras.

Are there any advantages of me taking the risk of upgrading to the latest Geovision, or should i just stick with what is "semi" working. Are there any performance differences in the software or better audio support? Those are my main issues with Geo. Poor audio support.

The best version was 8.12 IMO .. but if there is a feature that is not working in earlier versions then sure, try a clean install with the latest version .. 8.3.3 is available now, 8.3.4 is released but no idea where to obtain it. They mostly address IP cameras from 8.3+. 8.3+ is also ALOT slower then previous versions, so make sure you have a fast system, like a Core 2 Duo or a Pentium Dual Core, and alot of RAM. I dont think audio feature has changed much though.

No upgrade!!!!!

I have a lot problem with 8.33 and 8.34 and Web cam.

The video is very very very Slow.

For example:

The same PC (with core i5) and GV1120.

Only 1 camera (for test purpose), then I have 25 fps (PAL mode) in Local Multicam.

If I connect with IE (web cam) in LAN then I have 25 fps (Great !!)

This situation is with V 8.122 and 8.33 (and 8.34).

But if I connect trought Internet (ADSL):

V 8.122:--- I can see video 17-18 fps (great!!)

V 8,33--8.34- I can see video 3-5 fps

This test is done with all codec, and with the same ADSL, of course.

I am testing this problem for 1 week.. and I haven´t response.

Then.... Please, don´t upgrade (for the moment)

Kind Regards