Kodicom card Version 4.130

I got this card from a computor that was used fdor video surviellance, i can use it but i dont have software, i evenhave the hard drive tha was onthe same computor, but i still need the software and i cant get it off the old hard drive i tired. I have the camers mounted and running thru a vcr tv monitor , now i want to switch them to the pc so i canget a url and view them remotely

If the card is indeed for what it seems to be for, alll it needs is software? does anyknow about kodicom hardware and if so can yuo help.. david i have looked online for kodicom and it appears to be in china but i cant get info about the card i have, perhaps it isnt even for video camers, but the ports are there on the card so i believe it is. i think its software i need?? wino369@gmail.com

Kodicom is Korean and they dont sell cards, one buys the system ready made. If you see Kodicom Cards out of China they are more then likely clones/fakes and there is no official Kodicom software for them (afaik).

http://www.kodicom.com

oh great, i have the card, so now i cant use it correct?

thanks for the help, i am going to have to find a card then with software, that will let me use the cameras thru the pc with a url i am hoping for a 8 camera card but i would settle for a 4 thanks again david

thanks fopr all youor help. I am going to have to start over i think and maybe forget about kodicom, the camera brand is clover color cameras mounted outside 70.00 price range

ill start looing for a CARD

thanks fopr all youor help. I am going to have to start over i think and maybe forget about kodicom, the camera brand is clover color cameras mounted outside 70.00 price range

ill start looing for a CARD

Hi wino. here is a good priced card http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=131

but for a 4 way or 8 i think it is cheaper to buy a system now. by the time you have the card then extra HD and the problems of new cards needing newer pc to install them in there is not much between them.

thank you , i looked atthe card again it is a dvr based system, i dont want to buy a dvr. I want the 4 cameras i have now already mounted, to run thru the computor onto a seperate hard drive i already have installed. and i want to view the the video thru a URL using the computor, or laptop from anywhere. Maybe this cant be done, if not then i have to buy a dvr system or jjust scrap the project. dont give up any more ideas i would appreciate

david

thank you , i looked atthe card again it is a dvr based system, i dont want to buy a dvr. I want the 4 cameras i have now already mounted, to run thru the computor onto a seperate hard drive i already have installed. and i want to view the the video thru a URL using the computor, or laptop from anywhere. Maybe this cant be done, if not then i have to buy a dvr system or jjust scrap the project. dont give up any more ideas i would appreciate

david

wino. the link i sent you is a 4 camera card that goes into your pc (you need a capture card for your cameras. http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=131

understood that helps thank you. the kodicom card is two part card i think.. the bottom has the rca jack inputs and the top piece has two 15 pin ports which connect thru an internal ribbon to the power supply, there is a 15 pin male plug with 8 leads out of that with BNC connections..

so i need a capture card and a card to plug the camers into, okay i think i am gaining on this project, just knowing as part of the battle i mean knowing the proper componets and what they are called.. if i can get this together i will settle for a 4 camera setup

I have the camers mounted and displaying onto a tv at the moment, but that not being what iu want is driving me nuts everytime i look at it thank you david

understood that helps thank you. the kodicom card is two part card i think.. the bottom has the rca jack inputs and the top piece has two 15 pin ports which connect thru an internal ribbon to the power supply, there is a 15 pin male plug with 8 leads out of that with BNC connections..

so i need a capture card and a card to plug the camers into, okay i think i am gaining on this project, just knowing as part of the battle i mean knowing the proper componets and what they are called.. if i can get this together i will settle for a 4 camera setup

I have the camers mounted and displaying onto a tv at the moment, but that not being what iu want is driving me nuts everytime i look at it thank you david

Hi wino. Noooooooo lets make it easier for you. if you have not used capture cards before you are going to run into problems -- is your pc upto the job/ can you do the IT to get everything working.

your best way is with the following link. just plug your existing cameras in then link to your pc. done. much cheaper than building your own.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?id=151

OKAY, lookling around i find prices from 250 to 499 and it seems to be the same unit? so this unit is all i need, correct, no card to install, just the dvr/nvr, cameras plug to it, then attach the dvr/nvr to the computor, i see where the viewing is on a PDA or some hand held device,, wheras i want to use the pc and url full screen for viewing and playback, i am assuming that is a given and the other methods are an option? If so i think its case closed

I am installing windows 7 tomorrow and adding another gig of memory and a seconed hard drive, in preperation for the survileance system. thank you for your help i realy appreciate it

i will look for the best price now and make sure it is the same unit

It always bothers me when i find so much price difference for the same item, thanks again david +

OKAY, lookling around i find prices from 250 to 499 and it seems to be the same unit? so this unit is all i need, correct, no card to install, just the dvr/nvr, cameras plug to it, then attach the dvr/nvr to the computor, i see where the viewing is on a PDA or some hand held device,, wheras i want to use the pc and url full screen for viewing and playback, i am assuming that is a given and the other methods are an option? If so i think its case closed

I am installing windows 7 tomorrow and adding another gig of memory and a seconed hard drive, in preperation for the survileance system. thank you for your help i realy appreciate it

i will look for the best price now and make sure it is the same unit

It always bothers me when i find so much price difference for the same item, thanks again david +

were are you based ??? and i will put you intouch with a good distributor.

Also you might want to contact a US company that specifically handles Kodicom, Say Security. They only deal with legit cards but they may be able to help you with some kind of solution.