icarrasquedo

CCTV Design Software

I see a few of these import autocad files, do any of them export to autocad?

You are right. At the moment there is no such function. At the moment you can save current images to file or copy them to windows clipboard.

But we plan to implement these AutoCAD/Visio export functions in the further versions of IP Video System Design Tool.

By the way all users who purchase our software right now will be able to get next version 7.0 for free.

anybody know if we can get a full trial not a demo version of videocad?

thanks a lot for your reply

Fully functional trial of VideoCAD does not exist. There are demo versions and full versions without restrictions. VideoCAD Starter 7.06 demo allows to change lens focal length and image sensor format, but doesn't allow to save project. Thus the VideoCAD Starter demo can be used in not complicated real projects.

Lite and Professional demo versions don't allow to change lens focal length.

I see a few of these import autocad files, do any of them export to autocad?

VideoCAD Lite and VideoCAD Professional can import AutoCAD (*.DWG and *.DXF files) and export to AutoCAD (*.DXF).

Edited by Guest

The beta version of the Pelco design tool isn't usable. To many bugs and every time the same starting point on the other end of the world for me.

CCTVcad is just to complicated and to expensive.

I will stick the JVSG software. Can be used by everyone that can start up the program and has most futures you wish for. And the JVSG team is always open for suggestions.

CCTVcad is just to complicated and to expensive.

It is out-dated information. Recently we release VideoCAD Starter - easy and low cost version of VideoCAD. We also offer Lite version.

But the most of customers still prefer Professional version as it has many unique powerful tools.

As to suggestions, we have our forum for them. Unfortunately a lot of my messages are deleted on this forum.

Hey IPMAN,

Any idea when the new JVSG will be available with all these cool new features you have mentioned. I noticed a coming soon but that has been there for a little while on the website.

Thanks

I also need software now and have been looking for a long time now.

I also would like to know when will the new one be out.

Hey IPMAN,

Any idea when the new JVSG will be available

The next version for PC will be available in January.

We will start the public beta testing in 2-3 weeks.

I cannot tell right now when iPad version will be ready. Probably in Q2 or Q3.

Hey IPMAN,

I have had the honour to have a preview of the new JVSG software.

This is definitely the best software you could purchase for your CCTV system designing.

JVSG is offering the best solution for the lowest price of any CCTV design software.

Hey IPMAN,

I have had the honour to have a preview of the new JVSG software.

This is definitely the best software you could purchase for your CCTV system designing.

JVSG is offering the best solution for the lowest price of any CCTV design software.

What's a guy gotta do to get a look at the beta?

What's a guy gotta do to get a look at the beta?

I guess that can vary, but I translated the software into Dutch and I got the Beta version earlier this week.

Now I can translate the extra functions into Dutch also for the definitive version.

Just for accuracy. VideoCAD Starter version excels current JVSG in many aspects and costs $85 agains $195.

Nope, tried both and still prefer the JVSG software and the new JVSG software excels against the VideoCAD software.

Also when I add the IP camera CCTV calculator and the plugin for Google Sketchup makes it 3$ more expensive. And for a fair comparison I should add these upgrades since JVSG also have these functions.

There were some pro's for the VideoCAD, but with the new JVSG this isn't the case any more.

Nope, tried both and still prefer the JVSG software and the new JVSG software excels against the VideoCAD software.

Norman, you active promote JVSG simultaneously on several forums word for word. Great job:)

As to unvisible new JVSG version, don't worry, we'll release better and cheaper. In any case our customers will get only benefits.

Also when I add the IP camera CCTV calculator and the plugin for Google Sketchup makes it 3$ more expensive. And for a fair comparison I should add these upgrades since JVSG also have these functions.

I wrote about CURRENT JVSG and VideoCAD Starter versions. Anybody can see my post above. Current JVSG can't use 3D models from SketchUp at all.

It would be fair to compare only existing available to purchase versions. Comparing future promises is not fair. There are no problem to correct any price or open locked tools from VideoCAD Lite or Prof versions to keep the existing advantage of VideoCAD Starter.

In addition VideoCAD8 is active developed, a lot of new original ideas already implemented. But I don't like to promise, I like to make.

As to IP Camera CCTV Calculator ($48)- it is much more powerful tool than JVSG calculator, it can import camera data, calculate up to three digital flows, use pattern and has other advantages.

If you need the Calculator, you should compare $195 (JVSG) against $85+$48=$133 (VideoCAD Starter+Calculator).

However, we don't force to pay $48 for the Calculator if you don't need it, VideoCAD Starter version for $85 is available.

There are very good free calculators which excels JVSG. Axis Design Tool is the best. It can be offline now.

There were some pro's for the VideoCAD, but with the new JVSG this isn't the case any more.

This bombastic allegation requires detailed objective confirmation. Norman, could you bring it?

Edited by Guest

FWIW, I've tried both *existing* versions and found JVSG a lot easier to just pick up and use without needing to dive deep into the documentation.

All the features don't mean much if they're confusing/difficult to use.

FWIW, I've tried both *existing* versions and found JVSG a lot easier to just pick up and use without needing to dive deep into the documentation.

All the features don't mean much if they're confusing/difficult to use.

Thank you for your opinion. Hope you compared current VideoCAD Starter version. It is much easier than Lite and Professional.

However there are many people who need more powerful tools, and have time to learn them.

In other case the progress would be stopped. Reality is not simple.

Edited by Guest

I totally agree with Mat Ion.

Stan, If you accuse me of not being objective I won't even bother to discuss with you. Not anyone not using your software isn't objective. It is good to stand up for your product, but respect that there are other product that people like better. Some people drink Coca Cola some drink Pepsi Cola, thats live.

About promoting on several forums. Eeehh only two; here and on the CCTV forum. Don't make things bigger then they are.

Have a nice life....

This is a screencast I did a while back of OmniGrafflePro, which is a $200 OS X app that is a kind of Visio for Mac.

http://stream.myicvr.net/CameraLayout/

It doesn't do as much as for calculations as the VideoCAD app, but it's pretty powerful and easy to use. You can also get the iPad version and edit layouts on your iPad as you're walking around a site with a customer.

Nothing fancy, but figured I'd mention it for anyone interested.

Hi sir would you kind tell me whcih software to carry so amazing architecture becasue I have go though the OmniGrafflePro but I can figure which one is right.

Thanks,

Hey IPMAN,

Just saw the Beta is available and the screen caps look encouraging. I read through the release notes and have not installed the beta yet so please excuse me if I could have gotten my answer had I installed it

I did not find in the release notes if I would be able to export the whole project as a jpg or some sort of image file. As I had mentioned in an earlier post. I use it for design but also email a copy of the image along with my estimate to customers. Issue now is I have to shrink the project image down to the size of the work window in order to export the whole project to a JPG that I could email. Doing this really makes the project image un-readable.

Did I miss it in the release notes? Thanks for the hard work.

I did not find in the release notes if I would be able to export the whole project as a jpg or some sort of image file.

Dear Sir,

Yes, this function is not yet implemented. But for sure it will be.

So what's a guy gotta do to get a look at the beta?

At the moment there is just an early test version. The proper beta version will be available soon.

I did not find in the release notes if I would be able to export the whole project as a jpg or some sort of image file.

Dear Sir,

Yes, this function is not yet implemented. But for sure it will be.

I am reviving this one! I sent an email over to JVSG about this as well but thought i would post here also. This is still a concern to me and back in January it seemed like it would be implemented yet I don't see it in the release notes of what's new that I can export a complete project. It's always been a screenshot of what is viewable in the grid design area so that made the image very low quality and not really a good printable design for a customer when you had to shrink the image to fit in that small space before making the screen snap. Was hoping we could export the whole "finished design" high res image if we were able to import it we should hopefully be able to export it right?

If it has been implemented AWESOME!!!! and if not then I'm not upgrading yet because this is what erks me about the program as it is now even though there is all that other cool new 3D looking features.

UPDATE:

I found this in the update section.

In the next versions 7.1 or 7.2 of IP Video System Design Tool:

•more 3D test objects

•support of large AutoCAD site plan / floor plans

• export of large Site plans in high resolution

•advanced export functions

•direct printing

•new options of camera zone visualization

Problem is it took about a year, maybe more, to release 7 so how soon will 7.1 or 7.2 come out in which will allow me this important function? Why didn't this get put into this first release?

I like the tool because of what it allows you to do so I'm not knocking that but for us we use this as a sales tool as well and would very much like to include the high res site design for project proposals.