Squiffy

Android remote viewing for HTC Desire?

I've an AVTech AVC787, so the existing Java applet works for my existing old Sony W800 phone, but I'm looking to upgrade to the HTC Desire (Android).

I've searched around and I don't think there's a solution yet, but perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Not sure compatibility with that DVR, but there are many application for android and CCTV viewing, the two i use for the dvrs my company sells are: Mviewer and Supercam. Both work very well on my Android Incredible(us ver. desire).

Thanks, tried both and unfortunately neither would work, not even connecting to the server properly (or at least not responding with any kind of error message).

Hi,

thanks, I did try it, but it just kept trying to connect and not succeeding.

It's a dynamic IP address, so I use an HTTP redirector, I assume your application allows URLs and is not just expecting an IP address?

Note that pressing "back" to stop the attempts wouldn't work either, it just kept trying.

I have emailed AVTech about such an application, am awaiting a reply.

I'm glad to report I've found an application at last:

http://hit-mob.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18

It works on many camera/DVR models, the AVTech AV7xx range being supported for image only (so no control available, although you can make a preset for viewing camera individually if you wish).

The application is available in a free or paid version.